• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How?

We are outvoted and the politicians supporting this don't care or need to care about what we think.

So I can write letters and call my reps but that won't make a lick of difference in the end.

So tell me how to stand up and fight. Seriously.

Register to vote. In most cases becoming a DINO (registering as a Democrat) will increase your effectiveness. Work to elect people who will care what we think.

Learn the positions of all the candidates in local, State, and National elections and vote accordingly. If the antigunners loose in the primary they never get a chance at the general election.

Educate your friends, neighbors, and coworkers about the truth about guns, the Second Amendment, and the dangers of progressives. Take a non gun person shooting, turn them to "The Dark Side".

Support gun rights organizations with money and your time as a volunteer.

Let the elected know you are not happy. Take the time to write a letter it means more than an email or on line poll. In Maryland since most are Democrats hearing from registered Democrats (DINO) carries more weight.

Keep fighting!

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    The no-fly list is also fraught with errors. Among others, it includes a prominent conservative national journalist, Steve Hayes of the Weekly Standard and Fox News.

Not to mention sitting Senators and toddlers. But considering that, I assume, a Democrat introduced this bill I'd like to see them choose between either for gun control or against racial-profling

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    Register to vote. In most cases becoming a DINO (registering as a Democrat) will increase your effectiveness. Work to elect people who will care what we think.

Learn the positions of all the candidates in local, State, and National elections and vote accordingly. If the antigunners loose in the primary they never get a chance at the general election.

Educate your friends, neighbors, and coworkers about the truth about guns, the Second Amendment, and the dangers of progressives. Take a non gun person shooting, turn them to "The Dark Side".

Support gun rights organizations with money and your time as a volunteer.

Let the elected know you are not happy. Take the time to write a letter it means more than an email or on line poll. In Maryland since most are Democrats hearing from registered Democrats (DINO) carries more weight.

Keep fighting!

I do all of those things. It just never seems to be enough.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Outside of police and the handful of business owners that have CCW, who can go anywhere in the state of Maryland with a gun? Seems like a law that does nothing.

Edit. Put some more thought into this and I'm assuming it's aimed at dorms/live in campus. I keep thinking about community college.

Outside of public community colleges does the state have the power to make a private college follow the laws?

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Well, with more good people being killed regularly by repeat offenders, what we surely need are MORE useless legislative gestures from the DimOcraps so that they can pat each other on the back and claim to be doing something in exchange for their bloated salaries and benes...the fvckwads.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Is number 3 a bad thing? It is saying after they are convicted, so there is due process.

Yes it is.

First there is no chance of getting the guns back if the conviction is overturned.
    Second its in flat violation of the most recent Federal Court holding on the matter.. I forget the case.. its not yet binding in all jurisdictions.

Third the opposition is never to be trusted.. assume bad faith and you will find it.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I do all of those things. It just never seems to be enough.

It is not enough until we can get every like minded individual to do it also. But is has made a difference, can you imagine what Maryland would be like without the effort and fight we have waged?

Keep fighting!

RoninZero

Oct 18, 2010
    Just a question...

Can't the governor just wait until the the very last day to veto the bills leaving the GA no time to reverse his veto?

Just curious.

-rz

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Just a question...

Can't the governor just wait until the the very last day to veto the bills leaving the GA no time to reverse his veto?

Just curious.

-rz

He certainly can. They will simply wait until next year's session to override the veto. They just got done doing that this week with the felons' voting rights bill he vetoed last year.

RoninZero

Oct 18, 2010
    He certainly can. They will simply wait until next year's session to override the veto. They just got done doing that this week with the felons' voting rights bill he vetoed last year.

I was unaware that was a bill from last year.
    Thanx for the update.

-rz

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The Governor cannot propose legislation and in effect has no veto power. In this state why should he say anything either way? He has no power to affect the legislation.

Then why was it the past 3 years all I read here was how O'malley was ruining the State with FSA2013?

He had the power but Hogan doesn't?

Nah, he's just mum on the subject, won't say shit either way except what was stated during the campaign (and of course secret squirrel activity which we know has ALL come true). :sad20:

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Then why was it the past 3 years all I read here was how O'malley was ruining the State with FSA2013?
    He had the power but Hogan doesn't?
    Nah, he's just mum on the subject, won't say shit either way except what was stated during the campaign (and of course secret squirrel activity which we know has ALL come true). :sad20:

I think the difference between O'Malley and Hogan is the former's vocal activism and politicking of the MDGA vs Hogan's lack of same. Admittedly, the GA was an easy sell for anti-gun legislation, but that doesn't absolve Hogan of foregoing an opportunity to use his bully pulpit to educate those who habit both the GA and the state on their responsibility to protect and defend the Constitution, which includes the Second Amendment. Then, come the second Hogan term, he may have a more open ear when pitching efforts to return the state to the United States and the Constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom