• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    What kind of arrows and broadheads do you guys use? Right now bc Im broke I shoot the Wally World Carbons with one of their expandables. Go ahead and laugh, but they have brought me luck. This year Im looking to upgrade any suggestions???

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Arrows-Carbon Express Maxima 350

Broad Heads-Rage 3 blade

I still shoot some old PC'S when messing around, backyard stuff. I had them made up when Rainy Day was open and you could shoot indoors.

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    i use beeman ics 400's limbsavers svl vanes (2 white ,1 black ) i use the most extreame helical i can get as i use 125 grain muzzy fixed blade's and a drop away way rest(nap 4000) i have yet to have a deer drop more than 30 yrd's away . my set up is hoyt 70lbs trophy ridge pendlum nap 4000 dropaway limb saverd up

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    last year carbon impact arrows and stricknine broadhead, it's a 125 grain 2 inch expandable, and leave a huge hole, this year I've changed a few things around and am shooting gold tip pro hunter arrow's and thinking about dropping down to a 100 grain broadhead. if you want i can go threw my bucket of old arrow's and get you a bunch, i have alot of old carbon arrow's i ve shot threw the years and have no need for anymore, some need insert's others might need new fletching which i can throw on for you if you want i finally picked up a jig this year and started making my own arrow's, no more having to run to an archery shop and have them do them up for me. i actually have little to no use for them and would much rather see them put to use then get trashed. some are the old style with outserts though.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    chicken beaks :P j/k

v73840pgqly.jpg

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    My buddy just bought some carbon arrows from Dicks. He got 12 for $40. He's tight on money and bought a bow from another friend. We went to sight it in last night and the arrows he bought from Dicks split in the target deer. One arrow had the field point pushed back into the arrow and 2 others broke off in the deer. Do not buy those arrows if your bow shoots very fast. They are probably ok for a youth bow.

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    you should check the spine of the arrow and match that to your draw weight and length of your arrows to the bow your shooting. most shops have a spine chart. my bow and setup calls for a 400 spine in a beeman ics were yours might call for a 300 ics chech eastons web sight im sure the have a spine chart for diffrent set up's .

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    you should check the spine of the arrow and match that to your draw weight and length of your arrows to the bow your shooting. most shops have a spine chart. my bow and setup calls for a 400 spine in a beeman ics were yours might call for a 300 ics chech eastons web sight im sure the have a spine chart for diffrent set up's .

I'll let him know that, i have never had a single problem with a Walmart Arrow, bought 4560s, threw a tip on it and can shoot quarters at 20-30 yards no BS. The Dick's ones just looked cheap to me.

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    well when you buy $20 a dozen arrows, your asking for trouble..or whatever...its all on how its set up and junk...but those china made pos's ain't no good. i gotta shoot friday night or saturday..i need my 30 and 40 yard pin on.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    well when you buy $20 a dozen arrows, your asking for trouble..or whatever...its all on how its set up and junk...but those china made pos's ain't no good. i gotta shoot friday night or saturday..i need my 30 and 40 yard pin on.

My wally worlds do me fine, Im good up to 45 yards (not that I would press my luck), Im not rich like your family :D

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    rich, right, i wish bro. If i was rich, you think i'd be hunting with you? lol. Na i just save money. I'm just lucky i don't got many payments and bills.. it ill catch up soon. yea, i'll shoot 40-45 at a doe, but i ain't taking no chance at bucks. If i don't shoot him, i know he will still be around next time. No point in wounding and never finding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom