• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlesmd

Mar 8, 2012
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...r-shoots-dollar-store-robber-killing-him?lite

A Jacksonville, Fla., dollar store customer shot and killed a robber Monday night, ActionNewsJax.com reported. According to the report, the customer -- a 57-year-old grandfather -- and two store employees were inside the Dollar General store Monday around 9 p.m. when two armed men entered the store with the intention to rob it.

"One of them had the clerk and one of them was at the front cash register,” Lt. Rob Schoonover of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office told Jacksonville.com.
    The customer, who has a concealed weapon permit, shot and killed one of the intruders, FirstCoastNews.com reported.

"There was a citizen who had a concealed firearms permit that was inside the store as a customer," Lt. Schoonover told WOKV.com. "He fired at the suspect, striking him and killing him."

The man was found dead when police arrived at the scene. No charges are pending against the shooter, WOKV.com said.

“He’s always been a marksman,” the man's wife told Jacksonville.com. “He shoots in competitions, but this is the first time he’s ever killed anyone and I don’t know how he’ll handle that.”

The second suspect fled the scene in a small SUV, FirstCoastNews.com reported. Police say the man is about 6 feet tall man and was wearing khaki pants, a blue bandana and black gloves, ActionNewsJax.com reported.

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Go Grandpa!!
    Sadly it will not become front page news because it does not "further" liberal news agendas.
    And here's their sign...

:party29:

Attachments

• FL%20warning.jpg
      FL%20warning.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 605

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Coping with the shooting is gonna be tough. Hopefully the bad guys family doesn't try to retaliate against him or his family.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    why a dollar store..?

I'm trying to imagine what went through the perp's tiny brain:

"Let's see... what should I rob? Jewelry store? Bank? Gas Station? Chinese Restaurant? Supermarket? I KNOW!!! THE DOLLAR STORE!!! I'll be set for LIFE!!!"

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I'm trying to imagine what went through the perp's tiny brain:

"Let's see... what should I rob? Jewelry store? Bank? Gas Station? Chinese Restaurant? Supermarket? I KNOW!!! THE DOLLAR STORE!!! I'll be set for LIFE!!!"

Nah they weren't trying to be set for life, they just wanted a bunch of singles so they could hit up the nearest titty-bar.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    just lookin for the next high. It sucks people have to be killed by their fellow man but that's the risk you take when you go robbing places with a gun.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Because, aside from Grandpa, they lack quality theft deterrents and security.

Exactly, most dollar stores have either young kids working or older ladies, and never ever any security present.

Its easy money, well not for these guys.

Like I tell anyone who asks me why citizens should be armed, You don't see anyone running into a police station to rob them ! (i.e. - they are armed !)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...r-shoots-dollar-store-robber-killing-him?lite

A Jacksonville, Fla., dollar store customer shot and killed a robber Monday night, ActionNewsJax.com reported. According to the report, the customer -- a 57-year-old grandfather -- and two store employees were inside the Dollar General store Monday around 9 p.m. when two armed men entered the store with the intention to rob it.

"One of them had the clerk and one of them was at the front cash register,” Lt. Rob Schoonover of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office told Jacksonville.com.
    The customer, who has a concealed weapon permit, shot and killed one of the intruders, FirstCoastNews.com reported.

"There was a citizen who had a concealed firearms permit that was inside the store as a customer," Lt. Schoonover told WOKV.com. "He fired at the suspect, striking him and killing him."

The man was found dead when police arrived at the scene. No charges are pending against the shooter, WOKV.com said.

“He’s always been a marksman,” the man's wife told Jacksonville.com. “He shoots in competitions, but this is the first time he’s ever killed anyone and I don’t know how he’ll handle that.”

The second suspect fled the scene in a small SUV, FirstCoastNews.com reported. Police say the man is about 6 feet tall man and was wearing khaki pants, a blue bandana and black gloves, ActionNewsJax.com reported.

And a large brown stain in the seat of the khakis.

Hopefully there are no charges filed and no stupid a$$ civil suit from the family of the guy who was surely a good father and just getting his life in order and was going to enroll in college.

Also hopefully the man who shot him will be okay as well, I cannot imagine taking a life not affecting you in some way.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Good job 'Ol Man...

Funny how race tends to get dropped as the story moves up to mainstream media.

Not to make it a race issue, but I think that's a vital clue when they want to identify a suspect...! NO?

As reported by the local Florida news:

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/customer-shoots-robber-dead/nRLjK/

The other robber ended up getting away -- he is described by police as a black male about 6 feet tall and wearing a blue bandana. He drove off in a small SUV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom