• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Had a car full of non mds guys and all of them are backing out. Work, something came up, my $;@/@ hurts. I just don't get it. All of these guys are gun owners and AR owners to boot. I understand being self employed and work needing to get done but IMHO we are talking about our very way of life here. I can't imagine Jefferson and Washington and the like sitting around and deciding, nah I'm not showing up, I have to get stuff done around the plantation. Just drives me batty.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Society has gotten lazy... Sad reality. I've got 2 coming with me tomorrow and I think one of the guys is bringing others as well. Some people have legit reasons as to why they can't show. A lot of people that won't show though are the ones that think this bill won't affect them.

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Both of mine backed out. One under pressure from work, the other due to a last minute schedule change at work (was slated for the evening shift, got added to the morning shift as well).

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Don't worry, there will be lots of people who haven't RSVP'ed who will take their place!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    People have to keep their jobs/lives going above all else. You can't fight bad bills with no assets. Those of us that can make it though, need to make sure that we are there.

I damn near broke my ankle on Sunday, but I never thought about not coming. I may be the guy on crutches if it doesn't heal better by tomorrow. Now, if my #1 customer called and needed me ASAP, I may have had to bail. Thankfully that didn't happen.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    Sorry fellas, but since my pop lost his job, taking a day off work isn't gonna happen. I did spread the word to everyone I know and I know I am responsible for at least one person showing up. I also wrote plenty of letters, each of them unique and directed. No cookie cutter emails.

Sorry I won't be there, give em hell brothers!

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I drove almost 3 hours tonight with my 2 kids (15 & 20) got a room at the Historic Annapolis Inn.

We are currently having a great dinner at O'Brians. This will be a memorable event.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I drove almost 3 hours tonight with my 2 kids (15 & 20) got a room at the Historic Annapolis Inn.

We are currently having a great dinner at O'Brians. This will be a memorable event.

thats awesome :thumbsup:

I'll be there with MDS and Non MDS gun owners.

strider07

Senior Airman
    Dec 21, 2012
    Columbia
    unfortunately I'm completely unable to get out of work, but I've drummed up what support I can. I'm there in spirit, though.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Damn, Sam! That's a pity, all lined up with a ride and backed out. Man, I'm sorry, that's got to be demoralizing. But you know it's right, and those of us that do go are carrying a lot of people that just can't get the time or have something else that is more compelling. The problem is that the politicians are going to look at the numbers that are there, not really considering that there were others that "wanted" to be there. Maybe someone can hit that in their testimony?

It's going to be historic -- let's pray that it is remembered for the right reasons!

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Had a car full of non mds guys and all of them are backing out. Work, something came up, my $;@/@ hurts. I just don't get it. All of these guys are gun owners and AR owners to boot. I understand being self employed and work needing to get done but IMHO we are talking about our very way of life here. I can't imagine Jefferson and Washington and the like sitting around and deciding, nah I'm not showing up, I have to get stuff done around the plantation. Just drives me batty.

But Washington and Jefferson had slaves to take care of things around the plantation............

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Yeah it definitely sucks. I was scheduled off work for tomorrow but had a recent and sudden death in the family and now I cannot attend tomorrow. I will be watching the site like a hawk for updates and pictures. I've been firing emails out and talking to other family members and friends who don't know much about guns and the ar-15 and many now realize they have been lied to by the media

AwesomeBill

Awesome Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Westminster
    The wife and I will be there, and we will both submit written testimony. We want to testify as well, but we have to leave to get the kids at some point. Oh well, the worst that happens is they call us after we have left.

However, no matter what happens tomorrow, we can not allow our momentum to stall. I'm beginning to think that the politicians of this state have finally woken up a sleeping giant. For the past however many years, most of us in this state have truly acted the part of the MD Battered Gun Owners. While other states were getting shall issue carry bills or constitutional carry, we were just happy that another ban didn't go through. Oh sure, I sent an email or 2, but I didn't do anymore that just bitch and moan.

No more. I'm done that. Now we push back. And not just in Annapolis, but all over the state. I'll take vacation and testify every session now. And hopefully the 2A-friendly Senators and Delegates will continue to propose legislation that will turn this state around.

And I'll talk to everyone I know, and everyone I meet. And I'll invite them to the range. And one by one, we'll win the hearts and minds of people who have never been exposed to firearms and the 2nd amendment outside of the media's biased drivel.

But we have to not stop. It is time to push back.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I'll be there with my wife as well.

We do what we can, don't get frustrated over what you cannot control.

Only a minority will actually become active.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I'll be there with my boss and at least two friends. At work today while walking through the hall I heard two people (that I didn't know) discussing where they were going to park and whether to wait for the trolley or just walk. I stopped to talk with them, and one guy thinks that we may have a "few thousand" at this hearing. Let's hope he's right!!!

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I'll be there. I have my written testimony all copied. I'm betting the place is so full there wouldn't have been room for the people who bailed anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom