• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    These are on sale at Sarco for $299.00 - any input on these? Seems ridiculously cheap for a NIB Hi-Power, I was wondering if anyone has input on the build quality. I asked a few days back on a Hi-Power thread in the C&R forum and got no response. For the price, somebody has to have picked one of these up.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They're supposed to be fairly good. The Argentines have a thriving domestic arms industry and tend to put out a decent product. Their HP clones were built under license from FN and are actual clones, not unlicensed copies like FEG made.

I don't have a HP but I do I have an Argentine Systema, that is a licensed 1911 built in Argentina on Colt machinery. It's very high quality and runs flawlessly.

Bear in mind these are "FM" Hi-Powers, not "FN," you may want to check the roster to make sure you can get it here.

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    They're supposed to be fairly good. The Argentines have a thriving domestic arms industry and tend to put out a decent product. Their HP clones were built under license from FN and are actual clones, not unlicensed copies like FEG made.

I don't have a HP but I do I have an Argentine Systema, that is a licensed 1911 built in Argentina on Colt machinery. It's very high quality and runs flawlessly.

Bear in mind these are "FM" Hi-Powers, not "FN," you may want to check the roster to make sure you can get it here.

Thanks for the info! For 299.00, they seem to be a great bargain. I believe "you get what you pay for" so I would not expect Belgian build quality, but they seem to be worth the price and transfer fee.

If anyone knows a FFL in the Baltimore area who will do the transfer for less than 50 bucks, chime in. I may pick one of these up soon.

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    why dont you have your c&r ?
    if you did $299+shipping shipped to your door

ATF cashed my check.... green forms mailed in about 11 days ago. :)

I am not really in the market for a NIB single action 9mm.... its just such a good deal. I priced C&R Hi-powers..... I can get 5 of these for that much.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I have an Argentine FM Hi-Power. It is fairly accurate and has fed dependably, though finishing is rough and the fit could be better compared to the FNs. The slide has some slop in the fit to the rails. The mainspring was VERY tight when I got it, so I trimmed a couple coils off.

The only major complaint I have is the trigger pull is still too heavy... it breaks nicely but needs to be lightened. Otherwise you are getting a licensed Hi-Power at half the price.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I've seen hi-powers from Argentina marked "DGFM Argentina" on one side of the slide and stamped "F.N. Browning" on the other side. Would these be considered FN or FM?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Mags for Hi-Powers are easy to find and FMs feed from them fine. Since they are built under license to spec, all of the internal parts are 100% interchangeable with a "real" Hi-Power.

I would assume the DGFMs are still considered FM's, built in Argentina. Mine just says "FM Hi-Power, Industria Argentina".

If you plan on using this for a pistol class, consider changing out the safety to a Mark-III extended one. The FM's version is tiny to the point of being dangerous, as it's hard to manipulate into safe. Some classes won't allow SA-only pistols so you might want to consider a DA/SA instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom