• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    Looks like its time to start a list of the manufacturers and retailers who are now refusing to ship products that are not affected by SB281 to Maryland.

I'll start.

Daniel Defense
    Rock River Arms
    Sportsmans Guide

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    I dont think they're with OR against us. They just dont want to get involved in our state's FUBAR laws and take the chance of mistakenly committing a felony. Can't say I blame them

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I dont think they're with OR against us. They just dont want to get involved in our state's FUBAR laws and take the chance of mistakenly committing a felony. Can't say I blame them

I can. If they won't deal with us on legal items because they're too lazy to find out what the law is and find it easier to abandon law abiding citizens, then I won't deal with them on ANYTHING.

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012

Daniel Defense won't ship URG's. They are parts

RRA won't ship lower or rifles that had existing PO's, which is allowed by SB281 and the AG has written an opion to clarify.

Sportsmanguide won't ship an AR stock. Parts.

None of those could possibly "take the chance of mistakenly committing a felony."

These companies have no spines, only care about the bottom line and all of thier 2a supporting rhetoric is ********.

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    then I won't deal with them on ANYTHING.

Considering they arent selling to you anyways, I dont see how that hurts them.

Daniel Defense won't ship URG's. They are parts
    These companies have no spines, only care about the bottom line and all of thier 2a supporting rhetoric is ********.

If they only cared about the bottom line, then they'd sell to paying customers. That comment doesnt make any sense.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

I agree.

I don't know the percentage of revenue from MD sales, but if the added cost to abide by the law is not profitable compared to MD sales, why do it?

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    They obviously don't mind losing business, but I'll be sure to satisfy their request to boycott them, even when I eventually move out of MD and back to America.

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    Considering they arent selling to you anyways, I dont see how that hurts them.

If they only cared about the bottom line, then they'd sell to paying customers. That comment doesnt make any sense.

It makes perfect sense. They are only refusing to sell to Marylanders because our AG has threatened to sue.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I can. If they won't deal with us on legal items because they're too lazy to find out what the law is and find it easier to abandon law abiding citizens, then I won't deal with them on ANYTHING.

+1 Too lazy to care. If they did they would take an interest in learning the new law.

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    I agree.

I don't know the percentage of revenue from MD sales, but if the added cost to abide by the law is not profitable compared to MD sales, why do it?

What added cost are you talking about? There is no added cost to sell Marylander's parts. They are being bullied by MOM and our AG, and we will be the ones that suffer.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    What added cost are you talking about? There is no added cost to sell Marylander's parts. They are being bullied by MOM and our AG, and we will be the ones that suffer.

There's added cost for staff, CR's whatever they call them, to identify exactly what is legal to sell where. It may be a small cost, but has to cost them more to add to the operation, rather than just making sure everything you sell is legal wherever you sell it. This slow down in operation to identify MD, vs CA vs NY vs America cost in production. This cost has to be factored and compared to sales to MD. We just might not be profitable enough.
    Add to this, that companies are probably aware of forums like this discussing the problems and confusion with the law that MD government doen't understand and provides several different answers on.
    We hate it and think it's confusing, but getting it wrong for most of us wouldn't ruin our livelihood. What if one of these companies thinks thet are abiding by the law in MD and MD decides they didn't. Even if the company wins in court, there's the cost of defense.

It makes sense to me, even though I don't like it.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    I think ya'll are missing the point. Its not us, per se they're refusing to do business with, it's MARYLAND! At least this is the case in some instances. I suppose its the same idea of boycotting police business from offending states even though the state's own police may be opposed to the laws. That's the case with most local, county and rank-and-file LE here in Maryland yet many businesses wont deal with them due to the atmosphere created by those elected by our fine citizens.

I don't agree with it. I'm not defending it. I do accept though that it is THEIR PREROGATIVE to do business (or not) with whom ever they choose and I wouldn't have it any other way!:cool:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I think ya'll are missing the point. Its not us, per se they're refusing to do business with, it's MARYLAND! At least this is the case in some instances. I suppose its the same idea of boycotting police business from offending states even though the state's own police may be opposed to the laws. That's the case with most local, county and rank-and-file LE here in Maryland yet many businesses wont deal with them due to the atmosphere created by those elected by our fine citizens.

I don't agree with it. I'm not defending it. I do accept though that it is THEIR PREROGATIVE to do business (or not) with whom ever they choose and I wouldn't have it any other way!:cool:

I get what your a saying, but let's look at it another way: what if they sold rain barrels and with Maryland's rain tax refused to ship rain barrels here?
    It's 100% legal.

F them.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I recall some discussion about LaRue a while back. Should they be added to the list?

I'd add Cheaper Than Dirt on general principles, too.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    LaRue's honoring pre-Oct orders, it took a bit of a fuss to get that answer, but they are honoring existing orders.

CTD, No comment.

I'm not surprised or upset by Manufacturers cutting ties with MD. We all cheered and sung high praise when the makers cutoff other ban states, so why should it be any diff't for us?

Doesn't mean I like what's happening, but it's their outfit, and our money. We still have other options.

ETA: As I've said before, we need to bottle this anger and direct it at the ones truly responsible for this abortion of a bill - Our elected officials.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Looks like its time to start a list of the manufacturers and retailers who are now refusing to ship products that are not affected by SB281 to Maryland.

I'll start.

Daniel Defense
    Rock River Arms
    Sportsmans Guide

What's funny (well not really) is yesterday I received a 2013 Rock River catalog....:sad20:

Better late than never.... NOT :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom