• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    I often comment of folks fb complaints with websites for contacting elected officials. It is important to write.

As for me, this state isn't really my home. Mine is Wyoming. I will vote here and write elected officials, but my final protective line is there and that is were I will take a stand if it goes into levels of civil disobedience, because the whole state is that way. It is sad that I feel that way, and I am still more committed to making a stand in this state, than a lot of folks that call this place home.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I'm surprised (well a little anyway) at how little uproar this has caused. Honestly I think only the hardcore 2A folks like the ones on this board really have a problem with it. It's part ignorance, part "well i can keep my guns", part Ravens in the super bowl and other distractions, part just acceptance that Newtown has changed the debate and "there's nothing we can do about it". Very very few folks I know have had anything at all to say about it. I think due to ignorance, the vast majority of Marylander's would support that bill as written. They think it doesn't effect them. It's a shame :sad20:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think it's a combination of things, and disinterest is not one of them:
    1. Lack of media coverage - Maryland's situation is completely overshadow by the federal situation. A lot of people don't even know what's going on.
    2. Demoralization - like it or not, we have not made any significant legislative gains in years, and we are constantly playing defense. It's hard to get enthusiastic when "victory" is "not losing".
    3. "I got mine, and yours is evil" - it's not as big a problem as previously, but it's clear that some people in the hunting and clay shooting community don't understand that they're next on the list.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I bother people about this, people I know own firearms that will be banned, and they frown and shake their heads. I tell them to contact their elected reps and you know what most say? "I don't want to be put on a list!". Well, if there's a list I'm already on it so put me on the stinking list! I'm not going to sit back and watch this thing slime its way through.

jiffer

Mar 20, 2012
    The email reply I received from Del. Rick Impallaria echoes the same defeatist attitude. Basically he knows its going to pass and that we have a better chance of making changes with the judicial system. I know he is pro gun but it's a little disheartening to read his reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom