• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Does anyone know any ranges near Frederick?
    Assuming that you're looking for an archery range given this is in the archery subforum?

Washington County IWLA has an excellent set-up for archery. Not necessarily around Frederick, but may be an option depending on how far you're willing to drive.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    MD Escapee: Mid-Tennessee
    The Machine Gun Nest--indoor range 12 lanes, 25 yards each up to .50 cal. Open daily pretty much year round. Cresap-- outdoor range. Haven't been there In years--closer to Lake Linganore I think. Heritage indoor range-- more "up-scale" prices than the Nest--I've never been but friends tell me it's nice. A bit west of Frederick near Hagerstown is an indoor range at Maryland Arsenal guns--just off 70 at the 70 /40 exit. I believe they have 6 lanes. In Meyersville the Catoctin Fish and Game Protective Association has Trap and Five stand and I understand they have an outdoor rifle range but membership is required to use the rifle range I believe.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    MD Escapee: Mid-Tennessee
    Archery--??. Sorry, I completely missed that-- Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Myersville Catoctin Fish and Game Protective Association has archery open to the public w/3d targets. If you're allowed access to Fort Detrick they have an outdoor range available-- just need to go through MWR-- open field w/ hay bails.

davidb127

May 8, 2022
    Frederick MD
    Assuming that you're looking for an archery range given this is in the archery subforum?

Washington County IWLA has an excellent set-up for archery. Not necessarily around Frederick, but may be an option depending on how far you're willing to drive.

I might have to it’s only like 30 mins do I have to become a member to shoot there?

davidb127

May 8, 2022
    Frederick MD
    Archery--??. Sorry, I completely missed that-- Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Myersville Catoctin Fish and Game Protective Association has archery open to the public w/3d targets. If you're allowed access to Fort Detrick they have an outdoor range available-- just need to go through MWR-- open field w/ hay bails.
    I am allowed on base I will look into that thanks for the info!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Is it also like a daily open range for the public or only for those shoot I saw it said every Wednesday
    It would just be those dates posted. I'm not aware of a daily open archery range (might exist though, im not heavy into archery)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom