• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    When I still had the 16", I ran a Wolfe XP Spring and a T2 buffer myself. Thought the XP spring may be overkill, but for MY build, it worked great on supersonic ammo.

On the 12.2", I run the same spring and buffer setup if I'm using a certain handload.

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011
    One thing I can say with some experience, 15gr's of H110 is too light to fully cycle the action with a 125gr round, and is still a bit light even on a 150gr round.

W/out going thru my load log, I believe I was into the low to mid 16gr range before it'd cycle with 150gr rounds thru a 16" Noveske Pistol-length gas system.

Honestly, I'd suggest ponying up and getting some factory supersonic ammo to really see if the rifle has a true cycling issue. If it won't run the factory 125gr load, then it's got an issue somewhere.

If it does cycle it, then you need to start bumping up the charge weight some gradually.

Beat me by seconds! Sound advice.

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    One thing I can say with some experience, 15gr's of H110 is too light to fully cycle the action with a 125gr round, and is still a bit light even on a 150gr round.

W/out going thru my load log, I believe I was into the low to mid 16gr range before it'd cycle with 150gr rounds thru a 16" Noveske Pistol-length gas system.

Honestly, I'd suggest ponying up and getting some factory supersonic ammo to really see if the rifle has a true cycling issue. If it won't run the factory 125gr load, then it's got an issue somewhere.

If it does cycle it, then you need to start bumping up the charge weight some gradually.

:thumbsup:. Try some factory supersonic to see if your gun will cycle with it and lock back on empty magazine. If it does, then it's probably your load. I use Lil Gun powder for loading bullets less than 150gr and H110 for over 150gr in a 16" barrel and 8.5" barrel both with carbine length gas, spring and carbine buffer. Please buy a load manual, I tried to load blackout using online data from hodgedon but the info was lacking so I bought the new Hornady Book of Reloading. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom