• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    I'm planning the same build in the near future. There is another company that made the 7.62x25 uppers but I don't remember the name. Hopefully it is still saved on my computer at home

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Took the words out of my mouth! Then I started to think about how the price of 7.62 x 25 was about 10 cents a round during the 2008-2009 time frame and it was readily available.

i remember when .22 was available, let alone cheap...now my cmmg kit sits collecting dust...(i know, it wasnt long ago...melodramatics were needed)

would be nice if there was still a really cheap way to scratch the trigger finger itch, sadly i havent found one yet...

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    when those 7.62x25 ar uppers came out that was the end of the surplus. rumor is that it was all bought up by some large training outfit.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    so if I pretty much built up my AR15 lower standard and then bought one of these, I would pretty much be done and have a fully functioning 7.62x39 AR which the exception of finding the right mags?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355587111

Correct.... but I would buy that upper from that Seller. I been watching that Seller Auction for a long while now. He had a 7.62x39 pistol upper I wanted for $499. Ever since Sandy Hook he jacked his prices up. I mean look how much he wants for a mag...$70. There are far more options of 7.62x39 uppers out on the market. But yes you got the idea.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Correct.... but I would buy that upper from that Seller. I been watching that Seller Auction for a long while now. He had a 7.62x39 pistol upper I wanted for $499. Ever since Sandy Hook he jacked his prices up. I mean look how much he wants for a mag...$70. There are far more options of 7.62x39 uppers out on the market. But yes you got the idea.

yea i def wouldnt buy this... im just trying to grasp the concept of what is needed to build a 7.62x39 AR instead of buying an AK

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    yea i def wouldnt buy this... im just trying to grasp the concept of what is needed to build a 7.62x39 AR instead of buying an AK
    I know someone who built one using the 'complete kits' model, where the only thing that is not shipped to you is the receiver.

They used this website to do it: http://www.model1sales.com/

This was a couple of years ago.

The one problem they ran into was trying to use surplus 7.62x39 ammo. They got a batch that would only fire every other round or so. When they went out and bought quality new ammunition. The problem went away.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I know someone who built one using the 'complete kits' model, where the only thing that is not shipped to you is the receiver.

They used this website to do it: http://www.model1sales.com/

This was a couple of years ago.

The one problem they ran into was trying to use surplus 7.62x39 ammo. They got a batch that would only fire every other round or so. When they went out and bought quality new ammunition. The problem went away.

hmm yea I like this in the 20 inch barrel for long range shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom