• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Looks interesting. I’ll wait for some reviews.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    In essence, collapse the stock, and put a fire control group in front of the magwell. Interesting concept, the buffer tube is the limiting factor for standard ARs.

If it works for the newer buffer-tubeless ARs, it would be even shorter. Colt evidently came out with a conversion to buffer-tubeless, but it was in the neighborhood of $1200....

Q

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looks interesting. I’ll wait for some reviews.

Would it work on a BRN 180? That would give you unlimited length of pull adjustability.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    cool concept but maybe a pic rail adapter for the buffer tube witha slight adjustable telscoping stock. those rails for the PDW stock on that setup just scream snag me on some thing.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    "I like shooting rifles, but I also like running my face over a cheese grater. I only wish there was a product that allowed me to shoot my AR while running my cheek over the top rail over and over again."
    I see this as an even worse idea than piston conversions for DI ARs. With the buffer tube still there, you don't really lose any length. You end up with a worse cheekweld(and risk of rail-face), a mile long length of pull, jenky trigger, and multiple safeties. Despite now having two safety levers, you still have the old mag release button to worry about....sooo... hope you don't have to reload quick.

If you have an AR and want a bullpup... sell your AR, take the money you'd spend on this, and buy a tavor.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    "I like shooting rifles, but I also like running my face over a cheese grater. I only wish there was a product that allowed me to shoot my AR while running my cheek over the top rail over and over again."
    I see this as an even worse idea than piston conversions for DI ARs. With the buffer tube still there, you don't really lose any length. You end up with a worse cheekweld(and risk of rail-face), a mile long length of pull, jenky trigger, and multiple safeties. Despite now having two safety levers, you still have the old mag release button to worry about....sooo... hope you don't have to reload quick.

If you have an AR and want a bullpup... sell your AR, take the money you'd spend on this, and buy a tavor.
    Could make it work provided a couple things. FM products gen 2 side charging upper with mil-spec receiver, pretty much the only way to fly, anything with a buffer tube and even a tiny PDW stock will have a huge LOP. That upper also has a charging handle in the rail, with this a handle at the back of the reciver would be silly, even a reciever mounted side charger would be uncomfortable. The absolute shortest Maxim PDW stock with a proprietary carrier and buffer adds 4", so 16.75" LOP MINIMUM. Figure they claim 9.75" added, so 12.75" LOP without a buffer tube, using the back of the receiver as a stock. You could use a FM 1913 adapter, and machine plastic or aluminum to mount something like a Magpul Mag349 butt pad directly to it for around a 14" LOP, which would be good for a Bullpup. As far as the rail, ideally you could make or buy a rail cover that functions as a cheekrest, but yea would suck shooting without it. So all in all it could work, but with a specific parts list and buy or fabricate a 1913 butt pad mount. Even so it would be affordable and probably on par with something like a Keltec RDB.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****God yes, this. I don't wanna end up with involuntary dermal abrasion from that length of pull.

Just buy a proper bullpup and be done with it.

bullpup.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Picatinnay rear mount stock with small LOP adjustable piece and also has a piece that would slide over and secure to the top pic rail for cheek weld, it would require side charging

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Could make it work provided a couple things. FM products gen 2 side charging upper with mil-spec receiver, pretty much the only way to fly, anything with a buffer tube and even a tiny PDW stock will have a huge LOP. That upper also has a charging handle in the rail, with this a handle at the back of the reciver would be silly, even a reciever mounted side charger would be uncomfortable. The absolute shortest Maxim PDW stock with a proprietary carrier and buffer adds 4", so 16.75" LOP MINIMUM. Figure they claim 9.75" added, so 12.75" LOP without a buffer tube, using the back of the receiver as a stock. You could use a FM 1913 adapter, and machine plastic or aluminum to mount something like a Magpul Mag349 butt pad directly to it for around a 14" LOP, which would be good for a Bullpup. As far as the rail, ideally you could make or buy a rail cover that functions as a cheekrest, but yea would suck shooting without it. So all in all it could work, but with a specific parts list and buy or fabricate a 1913 butt pad mount. Even so it would be affordable and probably on par with something like a Keltec RDB.
    Damn Paul, that was fast LOL. A3 and FM products collab Paul Noonan just announced, uses a mil-spec receiver inside the modular housing, and takes the FM, CMMG or BRN180 uppers. Might have to pick this up. Have a couple registered SBR mil-spec receivers to put one together if he gets around to making a 300BO bolt/barrel for this. This is superior in most every way to the SCY version.

355130180_1003238904304396_8689248767317761310_n.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Damn Paul, that was fast LOL. A3 and FM products collab Paul Noonan just announced, uses a mil-spec receiver inside the modular housing, and takes the FM, CMMG or BRN180 uppers. Might have to pick this up. Have a couple registered SBR mil-spec receivers to put one together if he gets around to making a 300BO bolt/barrel for this. This is superior in most every way to the SCY version.

View attachment 418789
    Ok. That’s pretty sexy. The BRN-180 comes in 300 BLK already, so should be plug and play.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Wonder how short you could make that (with a pre 2012 registered sbr.) Looks like maybe an 8" bbl would get you just past the grip.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

View attachment 418789
    That's decent looking.

Thinking the oddly bent grip is to keep your hand out of the way of the mag. That's an issue with my MSAR AUG clone. 42 round mags bang your wrist

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Now, THAT I would consider buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom