• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJakes

Aug 26, 2015
    Sorry if this has already been asked and answered or if this belongs somewhere else. I couldn't find it.

I keep reading and hearing about what happens after November. Given that it looks like a 50-50 chance the (supposedly) pro-2A candidate won't win, how likely is a ban on AR15s and ARs, in general?

And what would that mean for folks who already own them? Would they be grandfathered? Or have to turn them in? The latter seems highly unlikely to me.

Trying to prioritize my wish list. Am saving up for a better sporting clays gun but I don't hear any talk of banning clays busting shotguns.

Thanks!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Can't really count on much, it's basically 2 sides pushing against each other, the harder we push, and the more money and time we put behind efforts, the better off we will be regardless of who wins. Even if Trump wins, Obama won't be the last anti-gun president, we may have a window of opportunity to pass things like Universal reciprocity, get a decent judge on SCOTUS, and maybe roll back a couple EOs and bans that have been around for too long, so the harder we work, the further we can push, and shift the debate further away from bans. If Hitlery wins, then we'll be fighting more defense, a bad SCOTUS appointment could screw us for decades, but I doubt she is much more anti-gun than Obama, if he could ban and confiscate everything, he would, he started working against us on day1, we kept up the fight, and actually gained a good bit of ground, so a HRC presidency isn't the end of the world, but it is several more years of defense, instead of an opportunity at offense for a change.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    If that hag gets elected, look for prices to go stratospheric overnight. It will be a panic like you have never seen before.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    If that hag gets elected, look for prices to go stratospheric overnight. It will be a panic like you have never seen before.

Yep. Good luck getting anything on November 9th that isn't a bolt action or an air gun.

According to my BIL, Mass sold ~10,000 AR style guns in 2015. The day the AG announced the crack down they sold 2,500 in an afternoon. Didn't verify his numbers but the lines around the side of the gun shops were well documented. Best to get what you want before the polls start to show a clear leader.

Then again, it's best to get what you want when you can anyway... :cool:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Clinton's talk of a gun ban back in the early 90s brought S&W out of the bring of closing down due to bankruptcy.

The best thing for the gun business in the US is an anti gun campaign.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    Given that it looks like a 50-50 chance the (supposedly) pro-2A candidate won't win, how likely is a ban on AR15s and ARs, in general?

Personally I think you are asking the wrong question. If the wrong candidate wins, something like up to 5 supreme court justice seats will be established by the wrong candidate.

It won't be a question of a AR15 ban or not, it will be the entire kit and kaboodle (the 2nd Amendment) altogether. To have or not have firearms.

Seriously!

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    The outcome of the congressional races will have much more to do with future bans than the Presidential election, IMHO.

Agreed. While electing the hag will greatly impact SCOTUS, legislative control is key to blocking any bans. Regardless, everyone needs to vote. I know it probably doesn't matter much in MD, but she can't be seen getting a mandate.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Clinton's talk of a gun ban back in the early 90s brought S&W out of the bring of closing down due to bankruptcy.

The best thing for the gun business in the US is an anti gun campaign.

yup- I know several who have purchased lower level ar-15's and are just waiting for the price hike to make a few hundred back on each one.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    While this is all true, you have to keep in mind that between 50-60% of Americans support an "assault weapons ban," mainly because they are misinformed about what they are calling to ban. The Court is more important, because we won't have the legislatures forever.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The precedent has been set...Executive orders will not be challenged...She could implement a semi auto ban and congress will not blink...

They will be if the President is Republican and Congress is Democrat and the order is one they don't like. Precedent only works in one direction for "D's".

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Personally I think you are asking the wrong question. If the wrong candidate wins, something like up to 5 supreme court justice seats will be established by the wrong candidate.

It won't be a question of a AR15 ban or not, it will be the entire kit and kaboodle (the 2nd Amendment) altogether. To have or not have firearms.

Seriously!

That will result in another civil war and a drastic blow to the US economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom