• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Both feel pretty nice to me. The ACS doesn't pull beard hair like the others do. If I didn't have facial hair however I think I'd pick the VLTOR. Both give a pretty good area for a cheek weld and feel like quality. Both also have storage options so that' always an added bonus. For me there are many options I prefer over the M4 stock, but those two seem to be right at the top.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    I have both of the ones that you are talking about. They are both amazing, but there are some differences.

I have the The Vltor EMOD on my 18" SPR. It balances out the rifle nicely. The cheek rest has some grooves in it, so if you are one of those scruffy types, you might lose a whisker or two. The EMOD is a great stock for rifles 16" and 18". Not sure if I would put it on a SBR or anything over 18". Storage compartments work as advertised, and it has a very unique look.

The ACS is a sweet stock, as well. I'm using that on a 14.5 carbine build. I tried this stock on the 18", and it just didn't balance well. 14.5" - 16" builds is where this stock shines. Balances out the rifle quite a bit better than the CTR, and offers storage. I wouldn't look to put this on anything shorter than 14.5, though.

Of course, it's all personal preference. They both offer similar functionality. I'm guessing you have a 16" barrel, so they would both look great and function perfectly with your rifle.

;)

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Atimesublime...I just won a VLTOR ar-15 stock at a recent tactical shoot and I do not need it. If you do decide to go with VLTOR, I would only want what I put into the match and ammunition ($60). It is new, in the box, haven't even opened the wrapping to look at it. Let me know.

atimesublime

Mar 23, 2009
    Montgomery County MD
    Atimesublime...I just won a VLTOR ar-15 stock at a recent tactical shoot and I do not need it. If you do decide to go with VLTOR, I would only want what I put into the match and ammunition ($60). It is new, in the box, haven't even opened the wrapping to look at it. Let me know.

do you have a picture of it i could take a look at ? if it would fit my AR, I'm interested... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom