AR-15 Purchase. Bushmaster? Which is fully compliant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    I haven't even received my M&P 1522 MSP acknowledgement yet and I'm already wishing I had just bought a real AR-15.

Please keep it simple, what AR-15 model is fully MD compliant. I want the entire thing .223 not interested in building one.

I just want to finish off my little collection with a big bad gun (though I will rpobably never stop).

Please list model and maybe a link for fully compliant bushmaster AR-15.

Also I chose Bushmaster because I assume they're great. I'm noy very knowlegeable on them, and its sad the only reason I want one is because its cool looking and looks like fun to shoot. Gotta love my informed decision making skills.

So I'm open to other brands besides Bushmaster, that are good. Let's not debate brands just give me a link a model, and any regulations in md I should be aware of outside of the regulated firearm wait/check and magazine restriction.

Thanks in advance.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I bought an Bushmaster XM-15E2S, which is a 16" AR-15 carbine with an HBAR-stamped barrel, about 2 months ago. There's no wait period in MD (cash-and-carry). It has a fixed carry handle, but it doesn't bother me, as I installed a quad-rail handguard and mount my holo sight on that.

Great gun.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    The only restriction is mag capacity. Nothing more than 20rnd capacity can be purchased, transferred, or assembled in Maryland. You can possess them, but they must be bought out of state. Otherwise, you're GTG. You can have any flash hider, bay lug, etc.

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    What????? Cash and carry and MD for an AR-15? Are you kidding me? I can't cash and carry an M&P 1522 with a .22 round but I can cash cand carry and AR-15???? Why does tthis not make sense to me.

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    ****ing amazing. LoL. I'm new to guns for the most part and even newer to the AR platform. Now I'm really excited.

So there must be a catch. What is the downside to HBAR? Accuracy deficiencies?

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    ****ing amazing. LoL. I'm new to guns for the most part and even newer to the AR platform. Now I'm really excited.

So there must be a catch. What is the downside to HBAR? Accuracy deficiencies?

Arcticwolf

Certified Brute
    May 28, 2008
    not accuracy just weighs more probably a lil more accurate if you go with a 20 inch barrel

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Maryland Annotated Code:

§ 5-101. Definitions....

(p) Regulated firearm.- "Regulated firearm" means:
    (1) a handgun; or

(2) a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon: ....

(xv) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle; ....

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    you can get a nice SW M&P 15 for a good bit under 1k to match your SW M&P 15.22
    S_W15A.jpg

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    HKB, I think we have a winner, is that cash and carry too? Do you own one? I also like c33moneys Bushmaster as well

PS thanks to everyone who responded. I love these forums never an attitude, flame war, or shortage of people willing to help.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If the barrel is marked "HBAR", it's not an Evil Black Rifle, it's a Target Rifle. Target Rifles are "cash and carry".

A Bushmaster would probably serve you well, but it's not top-of-the-line. Before dropping $800 to $1200, you might want to confuse yourself with a little reading up. Google phrases like "M4 feed ramps" "carrier key staking" and "f marked front sight base". Then pour yourself a good stiff drink, and google "the Chart".

Then say "F all that" and buy yourself a Bushmaster. But get one with a removable carry handle- you'll be glad you did.

Edited to add,

Go for that S&W if you get a good price. That M4 notch in the barrel means it's regulated though. (Reduced diameter section= attachment point for grenade launcher.) One more regulated weapon won't matter: you're already on The List.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Dont be confused either, it has to say HBAR...my 20" fixed stock Rock River .308 doesnt say HBAR on it...had to wait 7 days.

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    threeband: thanks, that's the thing I read a little and I have no idea what most of that stuff was all about. I figured Bushmaster was good. Top of the line isn't importatn but I don't want garbage either. I want a decent brand and reliable AR.

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    Fivepoinr trust me I know how stupid md gun laws are but no matter how ridiculous I think they are, they never cease to amaze me with new info I wasn't aware of.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Don't get too fixated on cash-and-carry. Paying the $10 regulated firearm fee and waiting the week is well worth it to get a better firearm that you will enjoy for years to come.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ***Most*** Dealers will err on the side of caution/ paranoia and consider all ARs to be regulated other than genuine COLT HBAR .
    There are more "reasonably decent ARs than you can shake a stick at .
    When Gun Connection had a promotion on the DTIs, got one at a good price, and they are comparable with the rest of mid pack.
    But if you have the S&W .22 , by all means get the big brother with same markings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom