• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • relco86

Aug 6, 2011
    Moco
    SO.... Just curious...

The state police barracks around maryland should be able to transfur a custom AR-15 lower right? Cause I went there and they tond me because that lower was not in their "system" it could only be transfured through a gun dealer... Not sure about you but I contemplated asking the guy for his boss but who argues with the law right?

James

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    so are you having this transfered from a MD individual or from some company that is out of state? If it is an ordered from the internets you will have to find an FFL.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    LOWER RECIEVER if you just said lower he might have been either a dumbass or f'n with you. They aren't always the friendliest

i just left the GB barracks 2 hours ago and they actually had the seller bring in the firearm i was buying which was a first for me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I've never had a negative experience with MSP regarding a transfer, call them first or ask to speak with a supervisor. None of those guys want them to be in the station and they only get six months of academy training. You'd need 3 years of training before you can fully understand this states gun laws. Be patient with them and respectful, the desk officers aren't making the laws they are just working within them.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I've never had a negative experience with MSP regarding a transfer.

Serious question, not meant in a negative way at all, but I have to ask... did they know you were police when you were doing your transfers? It seems to me they'd be more professional when dealing with another member of the fraternity, so to speak.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I've never had a negative experience with MSP regarding a transfer, call them first or ask to speak with a supervisor. None of those guys want them to be in the station and they only get six months of academy training. You'd need 3 years of training before you can fully understand this states gun laws. Be patient with them and respectful, the desk officers aren't making the laws they are just working within them.

And yet, still, no one can find it ANYWHERE in writing were the AR lower is regulated!

:lol:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Serious question, not meant in a negative way at all, but I have to ask... did they know you were police when you were doing your transfers? It seems to me they'd be more professional when dealing with another member of the fraternity, so to speak.

yes it goes like this
    first question is are you leo or former military?
    next question (if not) do you have training certificate?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    MSP barracks have always treated me courteously before they knew I was a LEO.

As for the issue at hand, you may want to call down to Firearms Licensing at MSP and have them call the barrack before you go back. Just the term "lower" might have thrown the guy at the desk off if he didn't know what it was. The barracks aren't always the most up to speed places on the transfer process. Especially with O'Malley's gutting of the entire MSP infrastructure it's often all they can do to try to remotely keep up with calls for service, let alone do anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom