AR-15 Holographic Weapon Sight system, What your recomondations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Used to run a 512, loved it, never swapped out the batteries till I sold it to Mdeng - never needed to, but wanted him to have fresh batteries.

Currently running a PRO, so far I'm liking it, but it's still rather new, so I don't have a hard opinion on it yet.

For the money, either one you can't go wrong with IMO.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County

Yeah, the article points out the advantage of the lack of parallax in the holo-sights. I noticed the parallax on the AimPoint Micro when I first installed it on my Sig 556 SWAT. It was so bad (when tested indoors) that I called the manufacturer to question whether I had a bad sight. Once I got the the range, the parallax disappeared (or at least was no longer noticeable).

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I just picked up a eotech xps and the site picture works well with my eyes. I still need to get out and shoot with it but I think it will be fine.
    Battery life was not really a factor in my choice .

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I have an Aimpoint and love it. I've handled EOtechs and they are certainly good optics, but I like the simple single dot sight picture of the Aimpoint. Plus I've had it for a year and a half, and it's been on the whole time with the original battery- I'll think about proactively changing it in another year or so ;)

You can't make a bad decision here. Just look at both and pick whichever you like better.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I just picked up a eotech xps and the site picture works well with my eyes. I still need to get out and shoot with it but I think it will be fine.
    Battery life was not really a factor in my choice .

I am going on year two with my original battery in my XPS, actually left it on by accident for a day and the battery is still going strong.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Best most reliable reflex is the C-More Railway hands down ($220). Stock 6 MOA is good for local CQB. Otherwise get a 4 MOA module for longer work.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I just ordered a Mueller Optics Quick Shot red dot scope. Has a lot of positive reviews at Optics Planet. $94.95 with free shipping. We'll see how it turns out.

Mueller site: http://muelleroptics.com/mqs12233mb

I wish I had your spending discipline that you have. I'm sure whatever I end up with will be and cost 90% more then I really need. Often I fall victom to the higher prices items when it is not needed. Not knowing how well any of them work, and unless you happen to know someone that owns more then one brand that you can really try out, I end up judging the quality of any given item or product by it's price. The old, it costs more so it must be better idea.

At the same time I hate as well as think is a big waist of money to buy something that cost much less with the idea that it is just as good as the more expensive models just to find out the cheap item was cheap for a very good reason and then you find yourself spending even more money on the better product in the long run.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am thinking about giving sight mark a shot as range optic, lifetime warranty.

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    What and where are some good prices for the eotechs? I've gone into the local gunshop and they seem to really expensive

nosdog2

Jan 9, 2013
    I am thinking about giving sight mark a shot as range optic, lifetime warranty.

I have the Sightmark Ultra Shot QD. I have has zero issues with it, shots great groups(it is the site or the shooter?), has good battery life so far, and tough enough for a range gun by far. And under $100.

Now, would I take it to Iraq or Afghanistan with me, probably not. But I am not going there with my AR any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom