• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Hello all,

I am a dumbass. I was putting the ejector back into a BCG after checking the headspace on a new barrel and slipped. The ejector was catapulted out along with the spring and clattered all over the floor. I found the ejector, but was not able to find the spring. Searched for an extended period of time while my daughter's were "helping" me. Their help consisted more of laughter than anything else.

It is a TOOLCRAFT NON-LOGOED PREMIUM 5.56 NICKEL BORON BCG WITH CARPENTER 158 BOLT from PSA

I have looked for a replacement spring and sent Toolcraft an email asking the same, but wanted to check with the brain trust here to see if I had other options. Thanks.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Send me your address via PM and I'll ship you a sprinco ejector spring and spirol pin.

The selector and ejector spring is the same item.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Send me your address via PM and I'll ship you a sprinco ejector spring and spirol pin.

This is a shining example of what makes the gun community great.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Tip for finding small parts (and contact lenses) on the floor in a pinch, when Clandestine isn't available to save the day, if you know the general vicinity of the lost part:

Get down on your hands (or elbows) and knees, with a cheek on the floor, so your eyes are down to floor level and can scan across the floor surface, not down at it.

outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Tip for finding small parts (and contact lenses) on the floor in a pinch, when Clandestine isn't available to save the day, if you know the general vicinity of the lost part:

Get down on your hands (or elbows) and knees, with a cheek on the floor, so your eyes are down to floor level and can scan across the floor surface, not down at it.
    Does that work with carpet too?
    :D

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

Chad - Thanks so much for the generous offer. I will very respectfully decline because Springco allows me to solve my own problem without having to rely on your largesse.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Somewhere between the moons orbit and earth, is a ring of AR15 detents and springs orbiting for eternity.

Yeah - I lost the pivot pin detent the day before and found a generic set on MidWay. I have started to contribute to the large group of ones orbiting the earth.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

I tried that last night plus many different heights and angles. It's not like the spring is that small. I found the ejector pin in short order, but that spring must have phased out of our reality.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Threads like this make me wonder if it would be a good idea to have a full lower parts kit on hand just for extra parts - pins, springs, etc.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This is my first AR-15 build. Part of this is me figuring out which tools I actually need and which ones are nice to have. Needless to say, I bought this last night:

Real Avid Smart Bench Block
    That looks like a nice tool to have. The one that always seems to be "fun" for me to set is the trigger guard pin. I've heard horror stories about people accidentally breaking off one of the part of the trigger guard because they don't have it supported when trying to drive in the roll pin. There are some other solutions available for when that happens, but I'd rather just not break it to begin with, so make sure to support it when I'm doing that.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    That looks like a nice tool to have. The one that always seems to be "fun" for me to set is the trigger guard pin. I've heard horror stories about people accidentally breaking off one of the part of the trigger guard because they don't have it supported when trying to drive in the roll pin. There are some other solutions available for when that happens, but I'd rather just not break it to begin with, so make sure to support it when I'm doing that.

I think I got lucky on this one since the trigger I used was Larue. It seemed simpler to install than the videos I watched on generic triggers.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I think I got lucky on this one since the trigger I used was Larue. It seemed simpler to install than the videos I watched on generic triggers.
    The first time I installed a trigger, it was a bit of a trick, mainly because I didn't know what I was doing, but I'm talking specifically about installing a stock trigger guard and breaking off the ears on the side that hold it.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    The first time I installed a trigger, it was a bit of a trick, mainly because I didn't know what I was doing, but I'm talking specifically about installing a stock trigger guard and breaking off the ears on the side that hold it.

Gotcha sorry misunderstood - I read about that too and invested in this tool to prevent it:

TRIGGER GUARD INSTALLATION BLOCK

It worked like a champ. Both ears were supported. It did mar the finish a touch so will put cardboard between the tool and the ear next time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom