• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Why LE only though? That's like saying you have to be a ffl to learn gunsmithing... its an AR not like a damn radar/gps/laser guided cruise missile... :sad20:
    however back to the actual question... what do you want to know. Past fine-tuning where your modifying the parts not just assembling good resources abound on the net... the AR is rather simple once you get to know it

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I think Sully has classes that civvies can attend, it may be that the ones on that schedule are LE only. It wouldn't hurt to contact them and see what else is available.

Looking through course announcements at LF, there was an open enrollment class in Feb. Don't know when the next open enrollment one is, but like I said, give them a call and you may be able to work something out with them.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I asked the question a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Tom Perroni through PM here and through the CCJA website and received no reply.

I contacted Sully at the defensive edge and he said they may be doing another class at CCJA this summer.

Blackwater has an AR-15 Armorer class coming up in April, check their site, I don't remember the dates.

Do not bother with Colt, unless you are active military, law enforcement or nuclear security, they will not let you attend.

Also try AR-15.com and go to their training section, there were some links to armorer schools there too.

Tom Perroni

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Virginia
    I asked the question a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Tom Perroni through PM here and through the CCJA website and received no reply.

I contacted Sully at the defensive edge and he said they may be doing another class at CCJA this summer.

Blackwater has an AR-15 Armorer class coming up in April, check their site, I don't remember the dates.

Do not bother with Colt, unless you are active military, law enforcement or nuclear security, they will not let you attend.

Also try AR-15.com and go to their training section, there were some links to armorer schools there too.

Sully will be running another 2 day course at CCJA all MD Shooters are welcome LEO and Non LEO. I will post info as soon as I get it.

P.S. The calendar on my web site is normally 3 months out or more....

The last AR15/M4 Armorer course I held 3 people showed up after 10/15 said they were coming...........

By the way it's U.S. Training Center Not Blackwater.

If you want a COLT course we can run one...However you would have to put a deposit down. So I am not getting burned by 10 people saying their coming and 3 showing up.

Truth be told if you take Carbine 1 at CCJA you will learn all you need to know to keep your AR/M4 running. Just my opinion. YMMV.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Sully will be running another 2 day course at CCJA all MD Shooters are welcome LEO and Non LEO. I will post info as soon as I get it.

P.S. The calendar on my web site is normally 3 months out or more....

The last AR15/M4 Armorer course I held 3 people showed up after 10/15 said they were coming...........

By the way it's U.S. Training Center Not Blackwater.

If you want a COLT course we can run one...However you would have to put a deposit down. So I am not getting burned by 10 people saying their coming and 3 showing up.

Truth be told if you take Carbine 1 at CCJA you will learn all you need to know to keep your AR/M4 running. Just my opinion. YMMV.

Cool, I appreciate the info. I looked on the web site but never saw a calendar, I was looking at work though and didn't have a whole lot of time to check it out.

I would like to take the Colt course if I could get it. I was trying to acquire the necessary quals to put in for an armorer position and they were pretty specific about the certs required, Colt being one of them. When that seemed as though it wasn't a viable option I figured I would try another route and hope for the best. Would I have to arrange for the minimum amount of personnel to show up and put down a deposit for the entire class or just for myself? I could probably scrounge up a few people but I figure there is a minimum attendance?

It's going to be quite a bit of vacation time used up and out of pocket expenses for something that may not pay off so I'm trying to prioritize and schedule the training to where I can drive to the locations and maybe work at night to minimize the need to take vacation.

If none of this works out, I will probably save the vacation and take the carbine course on your recomendation.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Why LE only though? That's like saying you have to be a ffl to learn gunsmithing...

Because a lot of these classses are paid by/ hosted/sponsored by law enforcement agencies for the mobile training teams from manufacturers.

Only police and the military should have AR-15 armorer classes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom