• Caveman88

Mar 4, 2023
    So MD
    Submitted 1/18/2023
    Accepted 1/23/2023
    NICS 3/3/2023
    Approved ..........
    In Hand ..........

Hope its not long now. But i didn't know it was in person interviews.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So, this thread shows that some had the same timeline as others, some got theirs earlier than others, and some got theirs later than others. Just seems that people posting dates is the banter now. :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The 3 references part should come off the application. I don’t think your constitutional rights are contingent on having personal references.

outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    The 3 references part should come off the application. I don’t think your constitutional rights are contingent on having personal references.
    Especially since they no longer even check those references.

I get the feeling they left that section on the application with the hopes of some day returning to the old way of doing business.

Caveman88

Mar 4, 2023
    So MD
    @LGood48 It was on the e-mail when it was sent to me. Investigater will be contacting me to set up a in person interview. I talked to a buddy and his wife got the same e-mail and he didn't. Guess they using old e-mail platforms LOL

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    @LGood48 It was on the e-mail when it was sent to me. Investigater will be contacting me to set up a in person interview. I talked to a buddy and his wife got the same e-mail and he didn't. Guess they using old e-mail platforms LOL
    It is a standard email form they send out to everyone. To my knowledge, you will only get contacted if there is a problem. And then, it's iffy if you will or not.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    The original intent of this thread, when I started it, was to track new applications so applicants could record their data and we could build a database for analysis. Because the number of posts which were chatter with questions and comments was obscuring the data collection a second thread, The Banter Thread, was started for these type of posts. For the first six months or so this worked pretty well and a lot was learned about how the system worked and meaningful statistics were generated. However as time went on we have experienced a surge in people new to the forum and many of them jump into this thread without understanding the purpose of the thread and without doing due diligence or even reading the first few pages to understand what the thread is about so it has become corrupted. Unfortunately many of them do not even post their full data and a large number seem to only be interested in other people doing the work so they won't look for the answers to their questions and as soon as they get their permit they disappear with out even posting their full data which causes significant gaps in data and lessens the significance of the statistics. I have looked at all of the almost 10,000 posts in this thread as well as all the posts in the Banter Thread and the Application Number Thread but have suffered thread burnout so don't post in them often anymore.

Your idea IMHO has merit. Feel free to start a new thread yourself and set it up the way you want. Good luck and when my permit renews in a couple of years I'll be happy to post my data for you.
    I wish I had the time and the computer skills to be able to set up a program to track renewals and new applications. Could the spreadsheet in this thread be amended to add a column to signify “new” or “renewal?”

dcam1075

Mar 5, 2023
    Owings Mills
    Submitted 1/15/3023

Accepted 1/24/2023

NCIS. 2/2/2023

Assigned 3/4/2023

Approved ……

In Hand …..

I feel like the lag between my NCIS and being assigned to an investigator is a lot longer than most, almost 30 days. Is this normal?

Also, does it appear that MSP has still stopped the interviews and reference checks?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jon3117

Feb 5, 2023
    eastern shore md
    Submitted 1/15/3023

Accepted 1/24/2024

NCIS. 2/2/2023

Assigned 3/4/2023

Approved ……

In Hand …..

I feel like the lag between my NCIS and being assigned to an investigator is a lot longer than most, almost 30 days. Is this normal?

Also, does it appear that MSP has still stopped the interviews and reference checks?

Thanks!
    i would think tonight or tomorrow will be approved

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I wish I had the time and the computer skills to be able to set up a program to track renewals and new applications. Could the spreadsheet in this thread be amended to add a column to signify “new” or “renewal?”
    PM mhasel he has been doing the stats and created the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom