Accepted: 01/19/2023
    NICS: 01/31/2023
    Approved:
    In hand:
    Permit#:
    Approved: 03/02/2023
    In hand:
    Permit#: 23HGP-1379XX

Holding true the 30 days from NICS to Approved.

Now to wait for physical card. I got an email stating I was assigned to an investigator, and it gave me their name and email address. Said if I had not heard from them in 30 days to contact them. Then right after that email, I got the approved email. So ignore the investigator email?

Last edited:

swanny06

Dec 8, 2022
    SOMD
    swanny06, you were same dates as me. Got my approval last night. Hopefully you did too.

Congrats!! Unfortunately I didn’t. I did get the “Assigned to Investigator” email so hopefully I’ll get the approval sometime today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Terps2003

MDS Supporter
    Feb 14, 2023
    Baltimore County
    Congrats!! Unfortunately I didn’t. I did the the “Assigned to Investigator” email so hopefully I’ll get the approval sometime today.

Thanks. This process is not consistent at all. Got the "assigned to investigator" email, and then right after the "approved". Fingers crossed for you today.

swanny06

Dec 8, 2022
    SOMD
    Thanks. This process is not consistent at all. Got the "assigned to investigator" email, and then right after the "approved". Fingers crossed for you today.

Thank you I appreciate it. Fingers crossed lol. Now go buy a new gun!

Terps2003

MDS Supporter
    Feb 14, 2023
    Baltimore County
    Thank you I appreciate it. Fingers crossed lol. Now go buy a new gun!

I already purchased my carry gun. Sig P365X. Wife would kill me if I got something else. In the last few months, got the Sig, a Glock 17 MOS Gen 5, AR and M1 Garand to add to my collection.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Congrats!! Unfortunately I didn’t. I did get the “Assigned to Investigator” email so hopefully I’ll get the approval sometime today.

Approved: 03/02/2023
    In hand:
    Permit#: 23HGP-1379XX

Holding true the 30 days from NICS to Approved.

Now to wait for physical card. I got an email stating I was assigned to an investigator, and it gave me their name and email address. Said if I had not heard from them in 30 days to contact them. Then right after that email, I got the approved email. So ignore the investigator email?

Good Friday Morning Everyone!

Congrats Terps!
    Swanny hold in there! It's coming soon!

I am curious to know if of some more timeframes. NICS to assigned to investigator and assigned to investigator to approved. I also would be interested in knowing this timeframes for resident vs non resident.

If we hold true to the 30 days tonight will be my night for either approval or assigned to investigator. I have a NICS date of 2/1.

swanny06

Dec 8, 2022
    SOMD
    Good Friday Morning Everyone!

Congrats Terps!
    Swanny hold in there! It's coming soon!

I am curious to know if of some more timeframes. NICS to assigned to investigator and assigned to investigator to approved. I also would be interested in knowing this timeframes for resident vs non resident.

If we hold true to the 30 days tonight will be my night for either approval or assigned to investigator. I have a NICS date of 2/1.
    Thanks JRMills! Hoping to see it come across sometime today. You're right after me so I'd think you should have some news in the next day or so also.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Thanks JRMills! Hoping to see it come across sometime today. You're right after me so I'd think you should have some news in the next day or so also.
    Yup, It's just Maryland being Maryland. It'll come through eventually lol. I did see I have my letter from CJIS in the mail today.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The only metric that has remained a somewhat reliable indicator has been time from Accepted to Approved and it has had outliers but it has run fairly consistent as similar for all those getting Accepted at about the same time will get Approved at approximately the same time. The amount of time has varied but is generally consistent with the running average. So track the average time from Accepted to Approved of those similar to you and you will know when to expect it.

Jun 15, 2015
    The only metric that has remained a somewhat reliable indicator has been time from Accepted to Approved and it has had outliers but it has run fairly consistent as similar for all those getting Accepted at about the same time will get Approved at approximately the same time. The amount of time has varied but is generally consistent with the running average. So track the average time from Accepted to Approved of those similar to you and you will know when to expect it.
    My wife just got her approval today. Day 43 from accepted date, and 1 day from "assigned to investigator " email.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Holding true to my suspicion of action being taken within 30 days of NICS. I just got the assigned to investigator email.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    I know I’m breaking the rules since this is not the banter thread and it now seems as though this has turned into the banter thread, but I think it would be worthwhile to split up tracking the new applications from the renewal applications. I bet renewals are faster, which may explain the sometimes large differences in duration between accepted and approved.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I bet renewals are faster, which may explain the sometimes large differences in duration between accepted and approved.
    Indeed. Just got my renewal wrapped up. Roughly three weeks from submitting to replacement card in hand. So, way zippier than first-time applicants who are also mid-process right now.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I know I’m breaking the rules since this is not the banter thread and it now seems as though this has turned into the banter thread, but I think it would be worthwhile to split up tracking the new applications from the renewal applications. I bet renewals are faster, which may explain the sometimes large differences in duration between accepted and approved.
    The original intent of this thread, when I started it, was to track new applications so applicants could record their data and we could build a database for analysis. Because the number of posts which were chatter with questions and comments was obscuring the data collection a second thread, The Banter Thread, was started for these type of posts. For the first six months or so this worked pretty well and a lot was learned about how the system worked and meaningful statistics were generated. However as time went on we have experienced a surge in people new to the forum and many of them jump into this thread without understanding the purpose of the thread and without doing due diligence or even reading the first few pages to understand what the thread is about so it has become corrupted. Unfortunately many of them do not even post their full data and a large number seem to only be interested in other people doing the work so they won't look for the answers to their questions and as soon as they get their permit they disappear with out even posting their full data which causes significant gaps in data and lessens the significance of the statistics. I have looked at all of the almost 10,000 posts in this thread as well as all the posts in the Banter Thread and the Application Number Thread but have suffered thread burnout so don't post in them often anymore.

Your idea IMHO has merit. Feel free to start a new thread yourself and set it up the way you want. Good luck and when my permit renews in a couple of years I'll be happy to post my data for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom