• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah, I did go back and skimmed previous posts, but didn't see it. (Not all 4,400) I did go back to my application, no NICS number, but there is a date (today's) on the NICS number line at the top.
    Are you saying the number in bolded red below is today's date?

If so, maybe a change is coming for you. 8/22 is when I submitted.

MARYLAND STATE POLICE
    Licensing Division Application
    Date of Application: 8/22/2022 ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Livescan PCN #: YD522xxxxxxx

NICS Number: Date

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Are you saying the number in bolded red below is today's date?

If so, maybe a change is coming for you. 8/22 is when I submitted.

MARYLAND STATE POLICE
    Licensing Division Application
    Date of Application: 8/22/2022 ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Livescan PCN #: YD522xxxxxxx

NICS Number: Date
    NICS.jpg

I am just confused by the DATE on my NICS line. I have a date there, my wife doesn't.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    My theory is that date updates whenever something moves forward behind the curtain. Its like the "last modified date" field.

The most obvious change is NICS, but there may be other things the raccoons are changing (like results from one of the 17 databases MD checks)

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    That makes sense, but the wife was accepted 8/22 and she has no date there. As camo556 said, it is probably just the date of last change (my app was accepted today).
    When you log on and click go to dash board, what is the accepted date there?

You submitted 8/21 (per your screenshot) but that date doesn't show on the dashboard, only the accepted date.

I think you are in NICS

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    *edited for clarity, need more coffee*

Just a casual observation:

Seems to me that the "Date Submitted" matters less than the "Application Number" when it comes to an application being accepted. Seen lots of evidence of people with low application numbers who submitted weeks after starting being "accepted" before people who submitted earlier but with a much higher application number.

My guess is the process has been going something like this:
    -Troopers go through the applications in ascending application number and check if all info/materials are present
    - If application checks out, applications are then marked as "Accepted" and then moved into a different queue.

Once in "accepted" status, the progress seems to be more linear.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Wife and I submitted 8/21. She was accepted 8/22. I was accepted this AM. But I have a date on the NICS line. Hers is blank.
    If the date on your dashboard under accepted is 8/26, and since the date on your 'print application', next to NICS is 8/26, I believe you got accepted, and went to NICS on the same day (today).

I have an accepted dated, but my NICS is blank

xdm45

Apr 4, 2013
    Williamsport, MD

Seems to me that the "Date Submitted" matters less than the "Application Number" when it comes to an application being accepted. Seen lots of evidence of people with low application numbers who submitted weeks after starting being "accepted" before people who submitted earlier but with a much higher application number.

-Troopers go through the applications in ascending application number and check if all info/materials are present
    - If application checks out, applications are then marked as "Accepted" and then moved into a different queue.

This could be possible. A coworker and I took the same class and both submitted as soon as it was done on 7/17 mine was accepted on the 21st but his not until the 28th. I started my app probably a week or 2 before he did so I would have a much lower number.

I dont think so. I have a low app number, 16xxx. Started app 6/25, submitted 7/10 and was accepted 7/21. Some people that were also accepted on 7/21 have been approved already, I doubt they have a lower app #. Idk why it took them so long to accept my app. I should of had my permit 2 weeks ago. They need to be going by submission date not accepted.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    +1 on Congratulations.

This is the most maddening thing.

There is NO rhyme or reason for these timeframes. Submitted to accepted, accepted to NICS, it's all a crock of shit.

Yay Maryland!!

:sad20:

Yes have to love this crap

22HGP020xxx
    Submitted 7/14/22
    Accepted 8/3/22

and nothing yet, I'm seeing apps in what I assume the 50k range submitted after mine going through

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom