• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    For those who’ve gotten NICS, when you hit the Print Application button is it the date that gets populated or a number next to NICS? A buddy of mine who was accepted a week after me has a date (same date as his accepted date) but the area next to NICS is still blank.

Thanks.
    number. and, it will have letters and digits

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    if they off loaded some of the work to the barracks as opposed to the LD, I suspect the ones the Barracks are doing probably take a little longer depending on whatever is going at the barracks for daily operation.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    HGP16XXX
    Started Application: 6/23
    Submitted: 7/10
    Accepted: 7/21 (11 days)
    NICS: 8/9 :rockon: (19 days)

Maybe they used the same NICS for the 77R I submitted the other day?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It seems like everyone was getting their permits in the mail in 2-3 day timeframe up until last week when something new happened? Maybe the printer needs to cool off a couple days?

But to keep it real, I'm fairly pleased with the process compared to what folks in Hawaii, NY, NJ and probably CA (?) are dealing with.

AngloSaxon

Jan 31, 2013
    Somerset County
    Also approved 8/2/22 but i guess it says 5 to 7 business days, so they do not count 8/2/22 or Saturday or Sunday so Thursday will be 7 days. Can you even imagine how backed up it will be once the classes start rolling out 20 to 30 at a crack.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Also approved 8/2/22 but i guess it says 5 to 7 business days, so they do not count 8/2/22 or Saturday or Sunday so Thursday will be 7 days. Can you even imagine how backed up it will be once the classes start rolling out 20 to 30 at a crack.

Twenty to 30 a crack? My class had 75-80 people in it! :lol2:

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    We're starting to see the slow down now. The weekend of 7/9-10 was the first weekend after Hogan's announcement. I was taking my class at MSAR that weekend and there was a guy there doing fingerprints and he never had less than 30 people in line to do prints all day both days that weekend. There were also at least 3 trainers there doing qualification portions of there classes that weekend along with the class that MSAR runs with ASTC. We've gone from 14 days from accepted to NICS to 19 within the past week and I expect it will lengthen out some more

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    They are working them by Accepted date. NICS has nothing to do with when you get the Approval.

It looks like they started Approving the 7/15 "Accepted" applications today. They have been Approving the 7/14 applications since last Thursday. I assume that they have or will complete the 7/14 stragglers today.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    An Administrative Law Judge is not a supervisor.

MSP management is fully committed to processing every complete application for the issuance of a permit or HQL in the most efficient manner possible.

MSP is listening to complaints and concerns from the public and from 2A organizations in the state and has been open and transparent about the process.

6,000 permits have been approved in the last 40 odd days. MSP is hiring civilians and contractors to deal with the volume of applications, is handing out overtime (mandatory 10 hours per Licensing Division employee and troopers) and is training troopers all over the state to help deal with the caseload.

What more do you want?
    Honestly, if they can approve a 77R in 7 days they should be able to approve a W&C in the same time frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom