• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Finally... A FACTORY Liberty Training Rifle (LTR) !!!

Finally... it's a reality... From the box, to the Appleseed firing line.. For info on ordering.. No fuss, no muss.. http://appleseedinfo.org/ltr-marlin.html
    Also, in the Marlin catalog http://www.icloudmobilemedia.com/t/34516

I have 2 loaner 795's.. both have 12-15k rounds thru them.. both have had many people earn their Rifleman designation using them.. These are super rifles, so don't miss YOUR chance to get one and get on the line at an Applseed!

More big news is coming VERY soon, so stay tuned for updates!

BeSwift

Attachments

• ltr-marlin-poster.jpg
      ltr-marlin-poster.jpg
      102.7 KB · Views: 205

Impact Data Books

Team Blaster Shooter
    Nov 19, 2010
    VA
    That is really cool. I am excited about this. I may just have to get me one as well.

Looks like we will see alot more shooters showing up for classes with this now.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I'm setting up a 10/22 for my daughter to use at the June Ladyseed and would like input on whether I should get the TSR100 or TSR200 Tech Sights. (I'm going as well but finally admitted to the ocular decreptitude of advanced age and am setting up my Savage 64 with a scope.)

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    TSR200. I've put them on a few rifles and never regretted it. In my opinion the extra few bucks is worth the extra adjustment

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    TSR200. I've put them on a few rifles and never regretted it. In my opinion the extra few bucks is worth the extra adjustment

Thanks! I certainly don't mind spending the extra -- it's only like $10 difference. Especially if it keeps her happy with her shooting.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I'm setting up a 10/22 for my daughter to use at the June Ladyseed and would like input on whether I should get the TSR100 or TSR200 Tech Sights. (I'm going as well but finally admitted to the ocular decreptitude of advanced age and am setting up my Savage 64 with a scope.)

+1 on the TSR200

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    While enjoying the fantastic weather today at AGC, I saw at least 2 other shooters practicing with Appleseed targets. Feels great to see that. Additionally, I also saw a Dad with 4 young kids introducing them to firearms. I was wishing I had a pamphlet to hand out to him. My mission for today is find one to print out and keep in the range bag. I am sure the Appleseed website has some.

Stay safe and have fun!

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    We're they using them at 25 yards? Ru Ning the whole drill? How high does the target have to be to shoot prone @ 25yrds at AGC?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    While enjoying the fantastic weather today at AGC, I saw at least 2 other shooters practicing with Appleseed targets. Feels great to see that. Additionally, I also saw a Dad with 4 young kids introducing them to firearms. I was wishing I had a pamphlet to hand out to him. My mission for today is find one to print out and keep in the range bag. I am sure the Appleseed website has some.

Stay safe and have fun!

There should be some Appleseed brochures on the table in the Barnes house.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    We're they using them at 25 yards? Ru Ning the whole drill? How high does the target have to be to shoot prone @ 25yrds at AGC?

Not sure about running the whole COF but yes at 25. One person had a redcoat similar to what you get when you order from the store. As far as target height, prone isn't as much of a problem as offhand. The RSO was more concerned about rounds hitting the berm. When you are tall, shooting at a 25 yard target when standing on a 100 yard range.... He showed me a trick about using PVC pipe to raise my stand.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    There should be some Appleseed brochures on the table in the Barnes house.

Thanks for the info. I will remember that. Unfortunately (and I think BeSwift will agree), the main problem isn't getting students it is getting additional locations to hold the events at. I have been amazed at how quickly they sell out at Annapolis.

boomer1821

Oct 21, 2012

I shoot the full COF at AGC all the time; though I use a version of the target that is in 3 parts (stg 1, stg 2 and stg 3/4). The bottom of my target cardboard is 39" from ground, the top of my cardboard it about 70". Assume that the stg 2 target is roughly in the middle; say 55". All rounds hit the impact area easily.

boomer1821

Oct 21, 2012
    In fact, who knew there are so many Appleseed-savvy people at AGC?!?! I talked to two yesterday afternoon. Anyone want to meet sometime for some friends competition based on the Appleseed targets and COF?

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I shoot the full COF at AGC all the time; though I use a version of the target that is in 3 parts (stg 1, stg 2 and stg 3/4). The bottom of my target cardboard is 39" from ground, the top of my cardboard it about 70". Assume that the stg 2 target is roughly in the middle; say 55". All rounds hit the impact area easily.

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. My frame is high enough for standing. I was just looking for a rough height estimate for sitting & prone.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    BeSwift, is the line full for the April 20th shoot? I got an email about it.

Opus 29

Apr 24, 2012
    I have a Marlin 30-30 I inherited from my Uncle. Have not fired it. I do not have a .22 and realize the 30-30 cannot be used for Appleseed. But I want to take the program so that I can start to shot the 30-30 safely. May I borrow a .22 rifle for the Appleseed?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have a Marlin 30-30 I inherited from my Uncle. Have not fired it. I do not have a .22 and realize the 30-30 cannot be used for Appleseed. But I want to take the program so that I can start to shot the 30-30 safely. May I borrow a .22 rifle for the Appleseed?

You may ... and if I am not mistaken, you can use the 30-30 at a few Appleseeds in DE and PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom