• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    The CMP is selling AP M2 ammo for a great price if you can get into the estore.:D Price is $60.00 per can, 2 cans per case. You get the wood box if you order a case. 192 rounds of AP on enblocks.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    whats shipping on a case?
    http://www.thecmp.org/ammosales.htm
    M2 Ball AP (armor piercing), various US manufacturers. Packaged in 8 rd. enbloc clips, 6 clips per bandoleer, 4 bandoleers per spam can. 192 rounds per spam can. May or may not be corrosive. Headstamp varies 1939-1952. Cans will be luck of the draw as to the headstamp. Weight is 15 lbs per can. S&H - $8.95 per can, Alaska & Hawaii S&H - $14.95 per can.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    whats shipping on a case?

$8.95 per can. 15Lbs per can.

The crate is typical. Note the DAS stamp with flamming bomb on the crate. Not WWII vintage.

There is WWII dated which iod corrosive to late 1950's. Not all the ammo b eing shipped is corrosive.

This is the best price going for 30.06. Get it while you can.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Anything before 1953 is corrosive. This would be great ammo for a bolt action. I would not want to feed a M1 a steady diet of this. You will have to break down the M1 each time after you shoot. The gas system will have to be broken down.

Its hard on accuracy when you have to take the stock off constantly and take off the gas cylinder.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Anything before 1953 is corrosive. This would be great ammo for a bolt action. I would not want to feed a M1 a steady diet of this. You will have to break down the M1 each time after you shoot. The gas system will have to be broken down.

Its hard on accuracy when you have to take the stock off constantly and take off the gas cylinder.

so, don't buy it....more for everyone else :D

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Dont worry bud, im not.

You can have all you want. (wink) Its a great deal for the price, if you want to take the time to clean each time. All im saying is this ammo isnt for everyone. If you dont like to be one with your rifle and clean every nook and cranny. You going to be in for a bad surprise when your m1 starts to grow brown spores...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I've heard that some of the old US surplus stuff has brittle brass also, is this type of ammo in that lot? Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know a lot about old stuff. :eek:

gigawatt

Mar 6, 2009
    Great price, picked up a few cans of AP and 2 cans of the belted ammo for the 1903. At the current price, i may end up ordering a few more cans!

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington

This stuff may not be any good for a bolt action. Made 1939 - 1952, from various US manufactures...you are likely to be shooting all over the target -- that is when you hit the target. I would also be concerned about my safety shooting 50 years old AP ammo made by "various US manufactures." I would buy some if they are safe and capable of 2 - 3" group at 100 yds. If anybody gets this stuff, please provide a review.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Ive shot probaly 200-300 rounds of various years corrosive AP. This stuff tends to shoot better than most standard ball. Its heavier than the standard 150 grain bullet. If it was stored properly, this stuff will shoot pretty damn good. It plays hell on hard targets. And will splenter a tree quickly!

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Is it proper to use AP against robots? When the robots come, and they will, I would like to be ready with more than just robot insurance.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Is it proper to use AP against robots? When the robots come, and they will, I would like to be ready with more than just robot insurance.

What if Zombies learn to drive cars? :ninja:You will definately want some of this corrosive ammo when some Zombie comes down your road driving an eldorado.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    There is still lot's more arriving at the CMP. The estore ammo was pulled until the CMP c an check stock.

Ammo like this has been arriving at the CMP each day for the last 80 days. THe CMP has only received roughly 1/4 of the ammo to date. Vast amounts are still awaiting shipment from Greece.

Don't short out the keyboard, but this is the off limits shipping and receiving area. The ammo shown here has arrived from the shipping ports in huge sea containers. It is off loaded by forklift and stored in this warehouse.

From here the ammo is inspected and sent to another huge warehouse for additional sorting and transfer to the sales warehouse.

[URL=http://img686.imageshack.us/i/cmptriptour2010060.jpg/] [/URL]

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I want to know if they are going to release the HXP AP that we all KNOW they have recieved in limited quantities.....

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    As far as I know they mixed it in with the rest of it. I believe there was some on the butner truck.

Come people got corrrosive (my two cans are), some got non. Luck of the draw.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I once heard that snipers liked to use AP ammo because it was more accurate than regular m2 ball, not sure if it's true or not. I do know AP ammo would definitely be more effective against machines than the regular stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom