Anyone up for a shark fishing outing next year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Have a couple charters I'm looking at, most are up to 6 fishermen, 10- or 12-hour trips, for 1200-1800 depending on what you're fishing for. Tuna, Marlin, Shark, etc.

Figured I'd start looking to see if there's interest to go next year. :thumbsup:

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Sure, we can go out on the beach and bring em in for free though.

101_6439.jpg

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Aww, cute. You caught some bait. :D

rl%20aug%2021c.JPG

101_2851.JPG

Sharks are definitely fun, but I'm also thinking sharks combined with tuna, mahi, marlin. Those you CAN'T catch from shore. ;)

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    Aww, cute. You caught some bait. :D

rl%20aug%2021c.JPG

101_2851.JPG

Sharks are definitely fun, but I'm also thinking sharks combined with tuna, mahi, marlin. Those you CAN'T catch from shore. ;)

I went out with that same mate out of OC back in July. What boat were you guys on? Who was the captain?

We had a horrible day when we went. Caught 1 Tuna. :( Probably going out of NC next yr.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I run shark charters and we do very well, but with the new kid coming next year I'm not sure I will be fishing much. I highly recommend Mark Sampson on the Fish Finder for Shark fishing. BTW for the most part the Mako's come in early before the mahi and marlin. You may find some bluefin tuna around.
    http://www.bigsharks.com/

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I went out with that same mate out of OC back in July. What boat were you guys on? Who was the captain?

We had a horrible day when we went. Caught 1 Tuna. :( Probably going out of NC next yr.

I haven't gone yet. Those are just file photos to show the difference between offshore and off the beach. ;)

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    I haven't gone yet. Those are just file photos to show the difference between offshore and off the beach. ;)

Gotcha. When we went out we ran out to 62 miles off shore. About a 2.5 hour boat ride to get there. Its a whole different world out there. The water is beautiful blue.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    10/12/2010

Good evening All - Muff Diver has a trip scheduled for Saturday 10/23 or Sunday 10/24 (whichever day is better weather wise) and we currently have 4 individuals with their money in and rearing to go. We are in need of 2 others that would like to go on this "make up" trip. The price is $350 per head and that includes mates tip. I have no way of actually knowing what will be available to catch but my best guess is that there will be dolphin, tuna and perhaps some deep drops for Tilefish. If anyone is interested in joining in this trip please call me at 410-353-0785 or E-mail me back.

I will be bringing Muff Diver back to the bay, Solomons Island, the last week of October (weather permitting) and we will begin fishing for Striped Bass - again if anyone is interested call or E-mail me. Thanks, Capt Joe.

Captain Joe Riley
    1270 Turkey Point Road
    Edgewater, MD 21037-4108
    410-353-0785
    www.buenavistasportfishing.com
    www.muffdiver.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member