• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    So, I'm trying to get some .45 and 9mm at a price much better than at the shops. Still reading my book and a while to go before I get my own equipment.

Who wants to sell? What do you have and what are your prices?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You need a Federal License and one from Maryland to manufacture ammo for money.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I'm glad I stocked up on .45 ammo when it was $10 a box.
    You can still find 9mm for around $10 a box at Wallyworld.
    I recently saw some federal 9mm for $9.95.

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    The only 9mm I can seem to find in any decent quantity is the American Eagle stuff at Dick's for $15/50 in 115 and 124 grain FMJ loads. I figured that wasn't too bad for just plinking rounds.

For the reloader, how much do you figure your cost is for 50 rounds of 9mm plink-quality ammo, not including equipment.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The only 9mm I can seem to find in any decent quantity is the American Eagle stuff at Dick's for $15/50 in 115 and 124 grain FMJ loads. I figured that wasn't too bad for just plinking rounds.

For the reloader, how much do you figure your cost is for 50 rounds of 9mm plink-quality ammo, not including equipment.

$5 more or less ... with today's primer and powder price.. if you buy the bullets, powder etc.. by bulk .. its less..

http://www.handloads.com/calc/loadingCosts.asp

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    You need a Federal License and one from Maryland to manufacture ammo for money.

I'm not saying file that little bit for taxes as a business or anything. I'll even print out donation sheets like Cresap. :innocent0

I'm glad I stocked up on .45 ammo when it was $10 a box.
    You can still find 9mm for around $10 a box at Wallyworld.
    I recently saw some federal 9mm for $9.95.

$10/50 of .45 :drool: $30/50 of .45 is :puke: Which is what I'm going to pay when I can't find it any where else.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    $10/50 of .45 :drool: $30/50 of .45 is :puke: Which is what I'm going to pay when I can't find it any where else.

Just last week at the Prince Frederick WM I saw boxes of 100rd .45acp WWB for like $32. I think 50 rd boxes were around $17. Definitely the best prices I have seen lately.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm not saying file that little bit for taxes as a business or anything. I'll even print out donation sheets like Cresap. :innocent0

§ 11-114. Prohibited acts; penalty - In general.

(a) Engaging in business as manufacturer or dealer without license prohibited.- Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, a person may not engage in business as a manufacturer or dealer in the State unless the person is licensed under this subtitle.

(g) Penalty.- Except as otherwise provided in § 11-116 of this subtitle, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 5 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

Yeah, ya know, the $2 or whatever profit someone stands to make selling you a box of ammo almost makes it worth it. And that's not even counting the club-Fed time which is generally worse.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    ClarkM, I'm auctioning some .45 ammo on MSI's behalf in my karma thread. It's still pretty cheap at the moment. Perhaps you might want to consider placing a bid while you work your way towards starting to reload.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Nvm. Bought out a little hardware store of the rest. 5 boxes !! $23 each.
    So happy I have ammo for this weekend! :party29::party29:
    Camping in Winchester PA on a friends property and lots of it for some shooting!

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Yeah, ya know, the $2 or whatever profit someone stands to make selling you a box of ammo almost makes it worth it. And that's not even counting the club-Fed time which is generally worse.

Yea, I also bought 10 boxes of 9mm from my mothers boyfriend knowing he wasn't even using them but he isn't a dealer. I bet even if authorities were watching, nothing would happen. At the most, a background check showing that we are good citizens and realizing I'm just looking for ammo in this world of shortages, and he had some extra. NOT that he is mass manufacturing ammo or dealing to criminals for profits.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Yea, I also bought 10 boxes of 9mm from my mothers boyfriend knowing he wasn't even using them but he isn't a dealer. I bet even if authorities were watching, nothing would happen. At the most, a background check showing that we are good citizens and realizing I'm just looking for ammo in this world of shortages, and he had some extra. NOT that he is mass manufacturing ammo or dealing to criminals for profits.

First offense usually get less fine/time.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Read faster, my reloads will cost you more then Winchester or Remington.

Plus it's against the law!

Well, sort of, but apparently if the MSP finds out they just do a background check to find out if you're "good people" and then they reduce your sentence because it's the first time so you end up only spending a year with your new boyfriend instead of five.

Hey, but two dollars is two dollars.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom