Anyone here a member of the IWLA Frederick Chapter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Since I'm moving soon to the Ijamsville area and I'm looking to join. I let my membership with the Rockville chapter lapse since I knew I was moving. How are the ranges there? The rifle range at the Rockville chapter left a lot to be desired, but I understand why since it is located in an urban area. Do they have a clay range? Is the hunting any good on the property? How difficult is it to become an RSO so I can shoot by myself?

Thanks,

Chris

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Since I'm moving soon to the Ijamsville area and I'm looking to join. I let my membership with the Rockville chapter lapse since I knew I was moving. How are the ranges there? The rifle range at the Rockville chapter left a lot to be desired, but I understand why since it is located in an urban area. Do they have a clay range? Is the hunting any good on the property? How difficult is it to become an RSO so I can shoot by myself?

Thanks,

Chris
    I was up there yesterday with my son. They're currently doing construction and the range was closed. He's a member there. I am not. I'm a member of the Damascus IWLA.

My son became an RSO there. I believe you have to take the NRA RSO class and also take their class in order to be certified.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.frederickiwla.org/

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I was a member years ago and wasnt really impressed with the range. At the time the pistol range and the rifle range were the same range. There were quite a few times i showed to shoot rifles and someone was down range shooting handguns, so I had to wait until they were done. This may not be the case anymore, but i cant say for sure.

On another note, Monocacy Pistol Club is a good range, especially if you like shooting steel and bowling pins

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    Check MT airy IWLA out we have 25 50 100 200 and 300 yard rifle 25 yard pistol 50 and 100 yard rimfire 150 acres to hunt 6 trap houses
    you can use range without rso pm me if you have any other questions

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Check MT airy IWLA out we have 25 50 100 200 and 300 yard rifle 25 yard pistol 50 and 100 yard rimfire 150 acres to hunt 6 trap houses
    you can use range without rso pm me if you have any other questions

I looked into the Mt. Airy chapter. You guys have a GREAT facility, but it will be about a 1/2 hour drive from where I am moving to. The Frederick chapter is a 6 minute drive. I will keep you guys in mind when I decide. I won't be moving until April, then I will be looking to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom