• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    I am trying to restore a Quality Hardware back to its WWII former glory for a display but i do want it to function.
    I need
    complete bolt,
    trigger,
    trigger pin,
    trigger spring,
    safety detent spring,
    push button safety,
    Front barrel ban W1 or W2 and retainer spring
    Flip rear sights
    buttplate and screw,
    mag catch spring
    Hammer pin
    recoil plate and screw and nut
    Operator slide stop and spring

And if someone with sight tools would like to mentor a beginner at carbines i would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Tony

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Thanks. I was looking for some more local parts. At Chantilly there are the ladies that always have Carbine parts but i can't remember their names. I think they only sell at gun shows and i don't know where they will be next.

tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    Do you need original, USGI parts or would reproductions work fine for display work?
    Fulton Armory, and Auto-Ord have some Carbine parts.

Other than those two and Sarco and Numrich, I'd suggest the CMP boards. Always a lot of good stuff there.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    I though they sold the business and at the last pg show I recognized the people under a different banner. I wasn't shopping for anything WWII stuff at that time so i justices glanced over their table. I had bought a couple of Enfields from James River a while back. Nice people but a little pricey.

tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    Well I suppose it has been a little while. I did visit James River a while back and they were definitely separate from Fulton at the time. Did they sell their business to Fulton Armory?

tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    If you do find the ladies you were mentioning, would you mind grabbing a card or some info and PMing it to me in the future?

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    i dont think james river was bought by fulton, they did change over to selling refurbished WWII guns and stuff though. they used to be a civil war re-enactors supply type of place and did defarbing and stuff.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    i dont think james river was bought by fulton, they did change over to selling refurbished WWII guns and stuff though. they used to be a civil war re-enactors supply type of place and did defarbing and stuff.

Ok. Makes sense. I guess the guys from Fulton would help James River at the shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom