• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I've have the itch to buy another .45 and this has been in my mind for awhile. I just haven't had a chance to hold one in person.

At $1,000, is this an overpriced handgun or worth every cent? My palm measures 4.5 inches from my wrist up to the bottom of my middle finger and I'd worry that it may be too large. In comparison, a Glock 21 gen 4 felt too large with the smallest back strap.

In input would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I don't have an FNX but I picked up an FNP Tactical 2 years ago and I don't see much difference in the two. I had to get a ruler to see if I could give you a best guess, same size hands just about. At first the handgun may feel a bit big, but it gets real comfortable real fast, especially knowing you've got 15 rounds of 45 at you disposal. With the multiple grip back straps to choose you can pick the best fist.

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    It's a pretty hefty .45. With the smallest backstrap, it's manageble for medium-sized hands. I have the Glock 21 and the FNX-45, I think the FNX feels way better in my hand...I dont know how they stack up dimensionally.

I prefer the USP over the FNX. IMHO, the trigger, fit&finish seem so much better on the USP (Although the FNX is pretty good). In summary, I would buy the FNX-45 100 times over, because it is a lot of fun to shoot. I do not think you would regret purchasing one.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Thanks for the input guys.:thumbsup:

The Glock 21 literally feels like a block in my hand, not comfortable at all. From the comparisons I've seen online, the FNX definitely seems more ergonomic. I'll have to check out the HK, hopefully a dealer around here has either one of these in stock to take a look at.

C210INF

May 25, 2013
    Maryland
    I have both the HK45 CT and the FN FNX 45. I fire more accurately with the HK than I do with the FN. The sights on the FN are taller, so I have to adjust the height difference whenever I switch between the two. I really like both. My only complain with the FN is that for some strange reason the brass keeps ejecting into my collar. Has this happen to anyone else?

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I just recently picked up an FNX45 Tactical and find it to be a surprisingly soft shooter. If you don't plan on eventually getting a suppressor, you can save a lot of money but just picking up the FNX 45. So far, I would highly recommend one. I've only put about 500 rounds through it so far, but I really like it.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I was thinking of going with the plain FNX and getting a threaded barrel until I saw that I would bring it up to the same cost lol. I have papers in for an Octane 45 that will hopefully clear around September/October.

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    It's a pretty hefty .45. With the smallest backstrap, it's manageble for medium-sized hands. I have the Glock 21 and the FNX-45, I think the FNX feels way better in my hand...I dont know how they stack up dimensionally.

I prefer the USP over the FNX. IMHO, the trigger, fit&finish seem so much better on the USP (Although the FNX is pretty good). In summary, I would buy the FNX-45 100 times over, because it is a lot of fun to shoot. I do not think you would regret purchasing one.

I just shot my fnx. Not the tactical picked up yesterday thing is amazing! Imma put some sights on it call it a day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I just recently picked up an FNX45 Tactical and find it to be a surprisingly soft shooter. If you don't plan on eventually getting a suppressor, you can save a lot of money but just picking up the FNX 45. So far, I would highly recommend one. I've only put about 500 rounds through it so far, but I really like it.

What he said !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom