• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I posted in the lock thread also, but I was wondering if anyone local has a 9mm lock I could borrow. My gun should be getting shipped within the next day or so, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll be heading to BTP (Keepshooting).

It's a 3.5" barrel if it matters.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    if it falls trough I have one you can barrow for a short time. I am in LaPlata.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Thanks guys, I ended up picking it up form another member that day. My gun should be arriving at BTP today, then the waiting period....I feel like It's the week before Christmas!

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Pardon the ignorance, but what's the need for the lock? I realize this is OBE, but I'm curious.

When purchasing a handgun in MD you either need to buy or provide a barrel lock in order to leave the place of purchase. This is unless the firearm has an integrated lock built in.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    WTFF?

EDIT: Would a cable style lock work?

EDIT #2, WTF? This is not required to transport it to and from the range so why from the POS?

The Maryland General Assembly feels that if they force you to walk out the door with an "internal" gun lock that the inevitable blood of the children will not be on their hands.

My personal guess (someone please correct me). Is that they really wanted to only allow guns for sale that have built-in locks (like the Ruger Mark III). But it became obvious that wouldn't fly since there are so few of them. So they punted and allow these through-the-barrel locks to be considered "internal". Not sure it that's right or not, but it's the only reason I can think of for this particular piece of insanity.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    No cable locks, it has to be a barrel lock. It's a BS law that serves no purpose. From what I'm told, one doesn't even need to have the lock installed when leaving. They they need to have the lock present, but don't quote me on that.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Interesting. When was this law passed? Who sponsored it? Aside from asinine nitpicking I fail to see how that is effectively different than a cable style lock through the action and or barrel.

I'm not sure of the details, but I find it no different than a cable lock. Like I said, I've heard that one doesn't even have to have the lock installed when leaving the store. They just need it present when doing the exchange, but don't quote me on that. Hopefully someone chimes in who can answer your questions.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    If the gun didnt have an internal lock then i had to have a bore lock. none of the shops made me use it. I just had to show up with it. i have them in 9mm, .40/10mm, and .45. Stupid ass locks.

Goes along perfect with MD's gun laws...

You know, growing up I heard all of the blithering idiots talking about how lax VA's gun laws were and all of the typical garbage they spew. Even as someone who wasn't that into guns and the attendant politics at the time the 1994 AWB/Omnibus crime bill seemed like a huge steaming turd. Now that I'm older, it's that much more apparent that MD is run by effin idiots.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    You know, growing up I heard all of the blithering idiots talking about how lax VA's gun laws were and all of the typical garbage they spew. Even as someone who wasn't that into guns and the attendant politics at the time the 1994 AWB/Omnibus crime bill seemed like a huge steaming turd. Now that I'm older, it's that much more apparent that MD is run by effin idiots.

I wish MDShooters had a "Like" button....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom