• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    A friend and VA resident reccommended it.

Thoughts, opinions, advice ???

Do they have a WEbsite ?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's okay. You can shoot pistol, shotgun, and pistol caliber rifles. It's better in cooler weather than during the summer. They rent pistols, too. Not my favorite place to shoot, but it's close to home.

Jim

seanc

Jan 4, 2011
    It's okay. You can shoot pistol, shotgun, and pistol caliber rifles. It's better in cooler weather than during the summer. They rent pistols, too. Not my favorite place to shoot, but it's close to home.

Jim

I was there last weekend. The above says it all. Except instead of a waiting area with couches, like the NRA, they make you stare at their mechandice which almost got my to purchase a new firearm, :innocent0.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Jim

My friend said up to .223, but I kinda doubted that.

Cowboy T

I shoot there quite regularly. They also allow buckshot and slugs. I've shot birdshot there a few times and will do so more often when the recoil pad gets here.

No "rifle" cartridges like .223 Rem; handgun cartridges only due to backstop limitations. That does mean, though, that if you have a rifle in .454 Casull or .460 S&W Mag, you're good go to. Also, no steel-plated bullets like with the Wolf, Tula, or Brown/Silver Bear ammo. Steel *cases* are fine as long as the bullet is either copper or brass plated (they'll do the magnet test on the bullet if there's any question). This policy on bullets, BTW, is to keep sparks from happening and thus lighting up any powder residue in the backstop and burning the building down. Can't say I blame 'em. :-)

BTW, for those who cast, yes, cast "boolits" are definitely allowed. That's pretty much all I shoot.

No, SharpShooters ain't perfect; nothing is, including the NRA Range. But it is pretty good, reasonably priced, and convenient to shoot at, which is why I'm there all the time. The rangemasters will definitely help you if you have questions or run into issues.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Liberal or libertarian ?

"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    .38Spl, .357Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, and .45 Colt (yes, wheelguns rock)
    I back the Second Amendment precisely *because* I'm a Liberal, not in spite of it!

Hey Cowboy T,

I read your bio and I would consider your positions more libertarian than liberal, but that may be splitting hairs. I doubt if you will find as many sympathetic fans on HuffPo as you do here on MDshooters.

Anyway, welcome to 'California in Miniature' or 'The Free State' (if you don't pay any taxes). I'm sure you see a LOT of similarities.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    spent an hour there today playing with suppressed .22lr on 4 hosts =)

it was really nice to see so many families there today. good promotion of the sport on a day with HUGE football games =)

the kids in the lanes to the left of me loved the suppressors.. I heard them talking about it the whole time. I may have started some new stamp collectors. SCARCQB I passed it on just like you did for me.. thanks!

Cowboy T

"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    .38Spl, .357Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, and .45 Colt (yes, wheelguns rock)
    I back the Second Amendment precisely *because* I'm a Liberal, not in spite of it!

Hey Cowboy T,

I read your bio and I would consider your positions more libertarian than liberal, but that may be splitting hairs. I doubt if you will find as many sympathetic fans on HuffPo as you do here on MDshooters.

Anyway, welcome to 'California in Miniature' or 'The Free State' (if you don't pay any taxes). I'm sure you see a LOT of similarities.

Yes, I do see a lot of similarities. Fortunately, I'm in VA, so this no longer applies to me, thank goodness. Those Commies running the State of California? They're not liberals and haven't been for a very long time. They're pinko-Commies, and I've had enough of it. The guys at Sharpshooters and I do discuss these topics from time to time, and it's a good discussion to have.

Been keeping an eye on MSI's activities, too. Looks like there could possibly be some pro-freedom movement in MD, if all goes well. We're pulling for it, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom