• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I figured between watching the Macy's parade and an early dinner, I would run out to the range for a little bit and put some lead down range.

Is this tacky to do on a holiday?
    Anyone else doing it?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    After dinner I will be going to the SCSC indoor range with a few friends and family members. :D

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    We're going to see the daughter-in-law and her hubby and five grandkids at their 3.5 acre place in WV. I'll look out at the back yard, see a potential rifle range, and dream.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    For me, today is about cooking, eating, hanging out with family, and watching some football.

OTOH, on Saturday, my BIL is taking us to a range down around his house (in Willards).

This will be my first ever "outdoor range" experience. And I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm pretty much cleaning out my gun safe and taking just about every I can't shoot indoors, at Freestate. Should be a blast.

But if I had time, (and wasn't already planning on going through obscene amounts of ammo in the next couple days), yeah, I wouldn't mind a little side trip today.
    :)

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Naaah.....football and beer have priority, no stress to relieve here and if so nothing a good cigar can't take care of. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Since I'm not a big football fan, after eating I'm taking all the grandkids and anyone else who wants to chew up some paper. The in-laws can watch their game in peace and the ladies can do the kitchen clean-up gabfest thing. Me and the kids, that's what it's all about.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Well the Turkey got the best of me yesterday, I fell asleep. Oh well, got up early today and made it down to Myrtle Grove. The range opens at 9am Tuesday through Saturday and knowing it would be packed I got there before 8am this morning. Stayed till about 12 noon since I had to meet the wife and friends for lunch in Waldorf.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Went today.

Sure was busy, the range I go to down here ( visiting the inlaws in SC) is usually empty when I'm here. Today it was as busy as a Maryland range. I got applied the other day when I went and was on the 500 yard range alone all day. I don't like sharing !

Not sure they liked the Battle Comp on my AR, got a few looks when I was shooting it. And I'm not sure they had ever seen a suppressed gun before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom