• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Gonna have my P-01 worked on. I hear great things about both places. Which have y'all used?

CGW, they returned the gun within 2 days of their estimate. They did not try to sell me extra stuff.

CZ Custom were off at a match in FL and their wait time was longer, so I did not go with them.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Bought my SP-01 from CGW. Did great work to it. David's a bit forgetful, but the work was great and he was really good about explaining/talking things out.

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    CGW... Bought one of his PCR's with the works. He was very easy to work with on the phone.Took his time to answer all my questions.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Both of my CZs are from CZ Custom. One was a factory custom (SP-01 Shadow Target) and the other was a stock 97B (that I bought from them) modded to my specifications. They were very easy to work with, I think it was 8-10 weeks when I got it a few years back. They actually completed it a week early if I remember. They do all the factory custom work, so it's no surprise that they are backlogged. I've heard nothing but good things about CGW though and I would feel comfortable having work done there as well. I think if it was a pistol that I already owned, I would probably use them just to get it back quicker actually.

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    I haven't sent a gun in for work, but I have purchased from CGW and loved both the products and the customer service. I have heard only good things about them. If I was going to send my CZ somewhere, it would be CGW.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Thanks! I called CGW today and immediately liked the fella on the other side. Very personable. Come to find out, there lots of DIY drop-in parts that will get me most of what I want. No machine work at all. Love the fact that he tries to set you up that way before sending the pistol in.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'll have to give CGW a try in the future. I bought my 75 Phantom Target from CZ Custom and had a Kadet I bought online shipped there and had a SAO trigger put in. Very happy and fast turn time.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I have dealt with both. In fact, I bought my first custom CZ from the their custom shop, wasn't completely happy with it, so I sent to David at CGW also. It is now the best pistol I own. I just bought another one from CGW.

In my experience, David goes over and above to make sure the pistol is as good as it can possibly be. The custom shop doesn't even hand polish the internals, which in my opinion is step one for any custom gun. Also, David's customer service is top notch.

CGW is the clear choice.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    my pre-B CZ75 is currently in David's shop waiting to be worked on. their website shows that they are no longer accepting guns in April in order to clear the backlog. i sent my gun in late march. hoping she comes back home soon :)

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    my pre-B CZ75 is currently in David's shop waiting to be worked on. their website shows that they are no longer accepting guns in April in order to clear the backlog. i sent my gun in late march. hoping she comes back home soon :)

Just talked to him today about his backlog... He's working on his current pool of pistols and is holding off on any new requests 'til May. I am gonna send him mine sooner than later so I can get onto his backlog.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Thanks! I called CGW today and immediately liked the fella on the other side. Very personable. Come to find out, there lots of DIY drop-in parts that will get me most of what I want. No machine work at all. Love the fact that he tries to set you up that way before sending the pistol in.

There is a Youtube video of somebody installing new custom parts in his CZ. I don't remember which shop he got them from, but I was not impressed that he improved his trigger pull that much. That may be because of his skill level. It convinced me I was not up to the task.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I ordered my first CZ from him, a 97BD with the pro package and it's my favorite pistol I own. The only reason it's listed for sale is because now I want a 97B from CGW with the pro package and a single action only trigger. My next purchase will be from him as well, likely an SP01 Shadow.

That's not to say CZ Custom is bad though. Each time i called someone answered and was very helpful. I've ordered stuff on their site and they ship fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom