• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    My grandparents have (finally) decided that they shouldn't cut their grass anymore. They're looking for someone to come by weekly (or so) to cut for them. It's a little over an acre. Anyone have a lawn service company or recommend one in that area of MoCo?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    My grandparents have (finally) decided that they shouldn't cut their grass anymore. They're looking for someone to come by weekly (or so) to cut for them. It's a little over an acre. Anyone have a lawn service company or recommend one in that area of MoCo?

My 83 year old female neighbor cuts her grass in-between the times that the lawn guy cuts it.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    My 83 year old female neighbor cuts her grass in-between the times that the lawn guy cuts it.
    My grandparents are 93 and 95. They have cut grass for a LONG time. They have chairs set up on opposite sides of the yard...one will push to the other end, where the other gets up and pushes back. They rest on the chairs in between passes. They don't need to be mowing any more.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    My grandparents are 93 and 95. They have cut grass for a LONG time. They have chairs set up on opposite sides of the yard...one will push to the other end, where the other gets up and pushes back. They rest on the chairs in between passes. They don't need to be mowing any more.

That is hilarious, ingenious, adorable, and frightening all at the same time. Good for them.

No recommendations, just best wishes for them.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I recently started using a small family business out of Germantown, Fred’s Landscaping. He’s been great to work with, flexible, prompt, reasonably priced and doesn’t mind doing a bit of any kind of yard work. I’ve had him out 2 or 3 times over two years, will be calling him for some more work as soon as I get some shrubs bought.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I recently started using a small family business out of Germantown, Fred’s Landscaping. He’s been great to work with, flexible, prompt, reasonably priced and doesn’t mind doing a bit of any kind of yard work. I’ve had him out 2 or 3 times over two years, will be calling him for some more work as soon as I get some shrubs bought.
    Thanks, I'll pass that on.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Dave, I'm about 15 minutes from Glenmont metro. I'll ask my lawn guy if he works over that way. One man operation but he does good work.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Dave, I'm about 15 minutes from Glenmont metro. I'll ask my lawn guy if he works over that way. One man operation but he does good work.
    Cool, thanks! I grew up walking distance from that metro stop. Of course, it wasn't there when I was growing up.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Hey Dave, I'm at the corner of Randolph and New Hampshire. Do they have a tractor or a mower? I don't have a transport vehicle for mine. I would be willing to go there and give them a cut or two or...to tie 'em over until a more permanent solution can be found. Hell, might be a launching pad for my new career.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Hey Dave, I'm at the corner of Randolph and New Hampshire. Do they have a tractor or a mower? I don't have a transport vehicle for mine. I would be willing to go there and give them a cut or two or...to tie 'em over until a more permanent solution can be found. Hell, might be a launching pad for my new career.
    Thanks for the offer. They do have a mower and several family members are jumping in to mow for the time being, but they want to hire someone to do it regularly.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    One of the HOA's I represent has been using Dan's Lawn & Landscaping for the past 18 years. Never had a problem with him other than what he has charged for snow removal a couple of times. HOA is on Arcola Park and University Blvd. Guessing he would be interested in cutting your grandparents' yard in Glenmont. Dan lives right down the street from you in Mount Airy on Watersville Road.

Every time I drive through Glenmont nowadays, something has changed. I remember when the old little strip mall was there. Used to buy some tropical fish from a place in there. My cousins lived around there. We lived in Colesville just down the street right before the intersection of Randolph and New Hampshire Avenue in the Sherwood Forest development.

gtodave, assuming you went to public school, did you go to Kennedy or Wheaton for high school?

Edit to add: The underpass at Randolph and Georgia is somewhat crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom