• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Also good to call the flow hotline a day in advance to see how much water is running. 888-457-4076. The fish are really keyed in to moving water. Low light is fine if they are only running 1 small power gen unit. If the water is turned on in the middle of the day, the fishing can be insane. The game fish really key in on moving water.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The small streams that I generally fish don't call for much distance, and I fish a lot of Tenkara anyway, so I'm sure this will take some practice.

sent from an over-priced camera/internet browser that can be used as a phone in an emergency

I was just looking into Tenkara the past few weeks. Looks cool.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    I was just looking into Tenkara the past few weeks. Looks cool.

If you're interested, I have a spare rod that I keep as a loaner. I can give you a crash course, and then you're welcome to borrow it for a while. It's ideal for small/medium stream trout and very capable for other applications as well. It's probably outside its element on the Susquehanna, but I know people who would try it. I've seen pictures of people fishing large rivers, lakes, salt marshes/flats, and jettys with Tenkara.

Last edited:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    If you're interested, I have a spare rod that I keep as a loner. I can give you a crash course, and then you're welcome to borrow it for a while. It's ideal for small/medium stream trout and very capable for other applications as well. It's probably outside its element on the Susquehanna, but I know people who would try it. I've pictures of people fishing large rivers, lakes, salt marshes/flats, and jettys with Tenkara.

I think I'm gonna have to take you up on that!

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Had a great morning with Devonian today!

Attachments

• 20150525_065821.jpg
      20150525_065821.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 92

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Nice one, shaddydan!

Thanks. It took the sting off losing my kayak paddles on the way to the river. Fell out of the trailer. Switched to white perch after the morning bite and was literally catching them every cast. That river is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom