• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Im sure the answer is No but figured I would ask, With all the anti Semitism going on right now myself and a few other jews have submitted for our Permits, we were able to get our training done quick and submitted Monday. I was hoping there is a way to get it fast tracked do to the increased threat to Jews right now? does anyone know of any way to do this ?
    If you can articulate and immediate documented threat, MSP will provide you a carry permit within days. If you cannot, then you wait like the rest.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Tell me you haven't read the state statute without telling me you haven't read the state statute.
    Well perhaps if they gave a rats ass there would not be any such statute. And no, I have not read the unconstitutional state statute. I know I am preaching to the choir master. Thanks for all you have done...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Have any Jews been physically attacked in Maryland since?
    Someone has a better chance of being attacked during some robbery or walking down the sidewalk.
    Verified reported attacks that have been handled by police might. Urgent situations perhaps.

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    Have any Jews been physically attacked in Maryland since?
    Someone has a better chance of being attacked during some robbery or walking down the sidewalk.
    Verified reported attacks that have been handled by police might. Urgent situations perhaps.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Im sure the answer is No but figured I would ask, With all the anti Semitism going on right now myself and a few other jews have submitted for our Permits, we were able to get our training done quick and submitted Monday. I was hoping there is a way to get it fast tracked do to the increased threat to Jews right now? does anyone know of any way to do this ?
    If you have a DIRECT threat (Police report, photos, etc) against you, your family or your business, upload that as an additional document in a single PDF.

If you're referring to a general risk- no.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Although I have never met @eruby , I suspect he would take one for the tribe at Pup Dog if it were to be of assistance to the OP, or anyone else for that matter.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Well perhaps if they gave a rats ass there would not be any such statute. And no, I have not read the unconstitutional state statute. I know I am preaching to the choir master. Thanks for all you have done...
    While I agree with your sentiment, sometimes it helps to read what they have passed, if for no other reason than to piss them off when you do something that is well within the bounds of what they wrote.
    I started using the expedited option for several people that had protective orders and immediate threats. At first the new Commander of LD (2014) wouldn't budge, until I showed the actual statute, and advised him that if anything happened to an individual that had formally requested an expedited permit in writing, I would let every news outlet in the Maryland/DC area know of the failure.
    The person had their permit in less than 48 hours. After that, they were anywhere from 48 - 72 hours with a couple just needing their training completed for the W&C permit to be made available.
    It really is fun to force them to play the game by their rules sometimes.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    Geez, you should be happy your are going to be able to get it at all.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    While I agree with your sentiment, sometimes it helps to read what they have passed, if for no other reason than to piss them off when you do something that is well within the bounds of what they wrote.
    I started using the expedited option for several people that had protective orders and immediate threats. At first the new Commander of LD (2014) wouldn't budge, until I showed the actual statute, and advised him that if anything happened to an individual that had formally requested an expedited permit in writing, I would let every news outlet in the Maryland/DC area know of the failure.
    The person had their permit in less than 48 hours. After that, they were anywhere from 48 - 72 hours with a couple just needing their training completed for the W&C permit to be made available.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was involved in helping a friend getting an expedited permit before Bruen. He got it in about 2 weeks. He also had a guy put a 12 ga in his face and pulled the trigger. Thank god it was unloaded. The guy was a 3 time loser and went to prison for a long time. When it was time for my buddy to renew, they turned him down saying the threat to him was no longer since the guy was locked up.
    Longer story short, he was appealing when he passed away. 2 months later, Bruen.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Technically Maryland wants you to retreat and let them process the crime scene after your murdered.

Current conceal carry permitting is to keep you from suing them given the Bruen decision. If your really concerned implement a long gun like a shotgun in your current security plan.

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    how do i do this ? can you help ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom