• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    www.peacemakernational.com has monthly steel challenge and falling steel (they call it supersteel) matches. just had the steel challenge, I think supersteel is last weekend this month.

they are about half an hour above Winchester, below Hagerstown, and west of Frederick, prob more than an hour from dc but not a ton more.

also find the website for "steel challenge." not sure if they list clubs or not.

a few other clubs around the DMV post steel challenge matches here so scroll back to see them.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Do you have any experience shooting steel? That is a key thing because if not figure on bringing twice as much ammo as the minimum round count.
    There is a steel match at MPC in Frederick on Sat. but they are picky about guests. If you are experienced I would say PM me and I will let you know. If not maybe I could bring you in as a guest during some practice time and get you familiar with shooting steel.
    MPC shoots more steel per month than anybody and it's a good place to join if you want to shoot mainly steel as a competition discipline. While none of their matches are sanctioned events they are all designed to help you become proficient at the skills needed to shoot things like Steel Challenge, Rimfire Challenge, USPSA Steel, and the PSA Shootout. They have different steel matches on the first and second Saturdays and the first and second Sundays of every month 12 months of the year if the weather is at least marginal or the snow is not too deep. Some matches are centerfire only falling steel, one is static steel and everything including rimfire is ok, and one is a rimfire only falling steel match. They also have a revolver falling steel match on the last or next to last Saturday of the month.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'm doing the peacemaker supersteel match that afternoon (doing idpa there in the morning). you're more than welcome to squad with me and i will definitely make sure you're safe and have fun.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Correct. However few centerfire steel matches are scheduled. All of their IDPA matches revert to steel matches in inclement weather. They also do a 5-6 stage steel challenge match fairly infrequently. They also have a rimfire steel match with rifle and pistol on 4th sundays.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Quantico has a Steel Challenge match every month, all year round. You do need to get approved to get on the base by filling out a form, unless you have a CAC. I will hopefully be getting a CAC again the week of the 21st. They've been running the full Steel Challenge lately.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I don't think they have run a full 8 stages early this year as yet. They tend to be at the mercy of the Marines if they need some of the bays for their shooting. Not to mention if enough marines come to shoot the SC match they will remove non-QPS members to get down to their max number of shooters. I have not seen that done when I went there but it is in their rules.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Hey Kent,

Do they have a steel competition at MPC on Sat 3/12? I got squeezed out of the 2 Gun match at PNTC. Any chance you can put a good word in for me at MPC?

Thanks,
    Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom