• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    I'm lookin for anybody that is a expierienced reloader.I own a 7mm weatherby mag and am lookin for someone to do some re-loads for me.I can supply brass,powder and bullets,I just need someone that knows thier stuff.I was thnkin on getting some re-loads done using 168 grain A-max's loaded down to about 2700-2800fps for groundhogs and deer,any help would be greatly apprieciated,

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I'm lookin for anybody that is a expierienced reloader.I own a 7mm weatherby mag and am lookin for someone to do some re-loads for me.I can supply brass,powder and bullets,I just need someone that knows thier stuff.I was thnkin on getting some re-loads done using 168 grain A-max's loaded down to about 2700-2800fps for groundhogs and deer,any help would be greatly apprieciated,
    As I read the law about licenses:
    If you get someone to do it for you in Maryland, it either has to be a non-compensated favor (unless licensed), or it is one of those things that only two people know about. In other words, if someone offers to do this for you publicly on this board, then it should be a free favor. ;)

I would offer to help, but I am not expereinced and 7mm mag sounds like something an amateur like me should avoid for now (I load the very forgivable .45 ACP and .45 Long Colt ammo). I also don't have the dies for 7mm.

Twud

Mar 1, 2007
    V Max

Just did a little checking. The A Max is a really a varmint bullet designed with a boattail and and a thin jacket. While it's a great groundhog bullet I wouldn't recommend them for deer, you'll get massive impact wounds and little penetration. You'll also find that a boattail design won't shoot very accuratley at reduced velocities.
    Why don't you give reloading a chance. It's not that complicated, most reloading manuals will give you the basics and you can play with whatever combination of
    components you like. You've also got the board to post questions on if you get stuck.
    I reload for 22-250, 6mm BR and 257 Wby. and find it very enjoyable, especially when you cap that buck with you're own ammo.
    Mark

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Norton and I have slowly been aquiring the gear to reload.....been saving .223 and .45acp brass for a while now too.

The next step is to actually get the press (we have dies,a scale and a few other things) and the get my garage cleaned out enough to have a good work space.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Spot,

Just make sure if you put your press in the garage that you keep a close eye for rust. The presses need to be treated a lot like a gun, and periodically wiped down with something like CLP, otherwise they will turn into a rust bucket. I learned this early on with an old RCBS press. :sad20: :innocent0

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I'm just now switching from the Bench to the PC. Loading some 5.56mm for the AR. Attempting to work-out a Load with the Maximum in accuracy! Using New Winchester Cases, Winchester748 Powder, CCI Benchrest Primers for the 55gr JSP & 69gr BTHP. Range Report coming soon:D
    As to 7mm Magnum,
    I don't show any Data in my 2 Manuals for the 168gr missle but found this from one of my references on the WWW
    http://stevespages.com/284_7_168.html
    deerslayer79,
    You may need to add Dies & Shell Holder to that Supply List.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom