• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VTHokie7

Feb 10, 2010
    Katy, TX
    I inherited most of my collection (ammo included) and there are some rounds that I don't imagine ever using. So I'd rather unload them to put towards a new rifle. Any places locally (Baltimore) that would potentially buy? Or should I look into the Gunbroker route?

Also, does anybody have any experience with shipping ammo? From googling, I've seen UPS will allow you to ship it, but sometimes people have had to go to a hub. Anybody ever face any issues?

Ultimate Member
    I inherited most of my collection (ammo included) and there are some rounds that I don't imagine ever using. So I'd rather unload them to put towards a new rifle. Any places locally (Baltimore) that would potentially buy? Or should I look into the Gunbroker route?

Also, does anybody have any experience with shipping ammo? From googling, I've seen UPS will allow you to ship it, but sometimes people have had to go to a hub. Anybody ever face any issues?

to legally ship it you need the hazard sticker. It is a bit of a hassle. You'd probably sell it here or maybe even trade. You selling any guns at all?

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    DON'T SELL YOUR GUNS! YOU WILL ONE DAY REGRET IT!

Ok, I said my peace. Do what you must new friend. Don't feel guilty, sometimes life makes us do things we don't want to do. But I tried to impart the lesson before it's learned the hard way.

VTHokie7

Feb 10, 2010
    Katy, TX

Ok, I said my peace. Do what you must new friend. Don't feel guilty, sometimes life makes us do things we don't want to do. But I tried to impart the lesson before it's learned the hard way.

I am definitely going to hold onto all of the guns, but I don't see any reason in holding onto ammo. Especially if it can go towards a new gun

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC

Attachments

• gymkata_large.jpg
      gymkata_large.jpg
      33.5 KB · Views: 328

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I am definitely going to hold onto all of the guns, but I don't see any reason in holding onto ammo. Especially if it can go towards a new gun

Less guns (well thought out collection)
    More Ammo
    Means more shooting
    Shooting more fun than collecting:D
    tss' .02

But then again I did alot of collecting without alot of shooting for awhile.

I'm sure once you hit 50 posts you'll be able to sell it just fine on here, unless you somehow think your ammo is plated in gold.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The only circumstrsnce to possably sell a gun is if 100% of proceedes go directly to buying a different gun. None of that bill paying or putting food on the table stuff.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    VTHokie7, hang out for a bit and get up to 50 posts, then sell your ammo in the marketplace. Because shipping ammo is expensive (weight) and a hassle (regulations) it's easier to sell it locally.

However, if any of the ammo fits guns you are keeping, don't sell it. You'll eventually shoot it (trust me) and the cost to replace it will be more expensive.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Ok, I said my peace. Do what you must new friend. Don't feel guilty, sometimes life makes us do things we don't want to do. But I tried to impart the lesson before it's learned the hard way

--------------
    Excellent condition yugo sks in cosmoline listed in classifieds. PM for details.

Selling 3 mosin nagant 91/30's, Izzy Rounds, Awesome shape, bayonet, tools, sling, pouches included. PM for details.

Multiple personality disorder, or did your wife alter your signature without you noticing? :D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Multiple personality disorder, or did your wife alter your signature without you noticing? :D

He's regreting it already.

I know I regret selling a few guns, long ago.

To the original poster, VTHokie7:

A) You need to get up to 50 posts.

plus

B) You say you inherited a bunch of guns.

equals

C) Sounds to me like you could rack up some very interesting threads if you tell us about your guns. Just make sure you include pictures of them, or there will be horrible, horrible consequences.

Once you hit 50 posts, you could sell your unwanted ammo face-to-face: the very best way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom