• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    A Blind Horse Knives Woodsman Pro, Gransfors Bruks small forest axe, and a Bahco Laplander 9" folding saw. I really like the sharp, squared off spine of the Woodsman pro for sparking a fire steel.

I tend to keep a cheap mora knife with my gear. Sometimes, I'll skip the knife/axe/saw combo and just bring my Becker CU/7 knife. It's great for batoning and finer work as well. I also almost always have a RAT/ESEE Izula stashed in my gear. It's a great little tool, and can be pressed into service doing jobs much bigger than you think would be accomplished by such a small knife. Also ESEE knives have just about the best warranty in the business.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I love my BHK knives! Plenty of good models from which to choose. I regularly carry either the BushBaby, the woodsman or a BushCrafter.

---
    Shamr0ck

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Just one? :D

:thumbsup: True, can't have just one!

OP - Most recently, a Benchmade bushcrafter (a gift). I know, I know ... S30V for "bushcraft", wtf ... but pretty much everything else on my web belt is high-carbon! :innocent0

In addition to the bushcrafter (& depending on the activity), maybe any combination of a woodman's pal, a wetterlings expedition hatchet (another favorite), a coldsteel SF shovel, and/or bahco laplander.

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    Right now I am using a condor bushlore. Before that it was a tops brothers of bushcraft. I also carry my Becker necker on occasion. I may try a condor Woodlaw next or a bigger Becker.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    As noted what was blind horse is now two companies

BlindHorse ran out of two shops, each run by one of the owners.

Dan Coppins in Cambridge Ohio is now battleHorse knives and LTWright near Pittsburgh is LTWright Knives

You will still find each shop making knives based on BlindHorse patterns and both shops are introducing new patterns too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom