• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hart-Attack

Nov 20, 2008
    Fallston, MD
    my brother-in-law acquired a handgun from a family member and we're trying to identify it so we can locate magazines. here is the information on the slide:

Fpatr08 Becheverria
    STAR EIDAR-Espana SA CAL 9mm

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You have a Star model B

Star - Cal.08-clip Mod-B-FPatr08 ? - 9-mm - Blue - 248828 -

Markings on the barrel-FPatr08 STAR B.ECHEVERRIA EIBAR-ESPANA S.A 9mm. And the other side Cal.08 flowed by a p I would like to know the age of this pistol and the value. I had it looked at a gun show and had some miss leading offers and info. Thank you for your time. John

Answer: John, the Model B. was introduced in the 1920's, it had a slide that was shaped like that of the Colt 1911, with vertical finger grip serrations at the rear and a Colt type safety catch and slide release on the left side of the frame. The rear sight was mounted in a rounded slot on top of the slide that acted as a firing pin retainer. The model B was for the most part the same as the earlier model A but it had a humped backstrap like the Colt M 1911 A1 and was chambered in 9mm. Model B production ended in 1975. There is not a lot of collector demand for these pistols, blue book values are in the $200 or less range. Marc
    http://oldguns.net/q&a11_03.htm
    Note on the value, this link is five years old, but last I looked about a year ago they were still in the $200 range.

Not sure, but I think it might be 9mm Largo.

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    my brother-in-law acquired a handgun from a family member and we're trying to identify it so we can locate magazines.

I'm in the same boat re magazines. My dad dug up his old Llama .32 in a box of stuff...unfortunately he can't find the magazine(s) and wants to buy one. I figure a mag or two and a case of ammo would make a good xmas present. :party29:

I posted on it awhile back and found a site that sells mags for $32 ...I just need to try and determine what kind it takes (recessed v. non). Any input would be great! :thumbsup:

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I'm in the same boat re magazines. My dad dug up his old Llama .32 in a box of stuff...unfortunately he can't find the magazine(s) and wants to buy one. I figure a mag or two and a case of ammo would make a good xmas present. :party29:

I posted on it awhile back and found a site that sells mags for $32 ...I just need to try and determine what kind it takes (recessed v. non). Any input would be great! :thumbsup:

looking at your pics, and what I found here ( http://www.ammoclip.com/L/llama_32acp.htm ), I'd say yours takes the non. Look at the pics on my link. You can get a better view of the gun than me, and should be able to tell for sure.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    my brother-in-law acquired a handgun from a family member and we're trying to identify it so we can locate magazines. here is the information on the slide:

Fpatr08 Becheverria
    STAR EIDAR-Espana SA CAL 9mm

I have the Model B (I think it reads 9 m/m P for Parabellum). It field strips like the 1911 reason why I got it

I've been told that Jacks Gun Works in Havre de Grace may have Star parts, may want to call? If not their website might help locate mags.

http://star-firearms.com/cgi-bin/gm1/index.shtml

Attachments

• Star Mod B-11.jpg
      Star Mod B-11.jpg
      56.3 KB · Views: 318

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    The gun is a Star Model B. I think that caliber marking should read "PPatr 08" (Pistole Patrone '08 or Pistol Cartridge 1908), the German military designation for the 9mm Parabellum (9mm Luger). The gun was apparently either made for or used by the German military at some point. Are there any German eagle or eagle/swastika markings?

Jim

lweinlan

Dec 22, 2008
    hello, I am pretty well versed in the Star B version. There is only one way to know exactly what kind of Star you have (Star B, Star Super B, Star A):
    on the bottom of the grip, close to the magazine well , there is a serial number. This is the only place where you are going to find a serial number. If you can tell me the serial range number (you can omit the two last digits if you want), I can let you know the lot and date at which this star B (if it is a star B) was manufactured. Serial number should be between 210,9xx and 240,9xx

On the left side of the frame. you should see a Letter, what is this letter?
    On the right side of the frame, you should see either no "WaA", a "WaAD20" or a "WaA251" ?

If you can please give the above info, I can tell you exactly what you have.
    Please see attached picture for location of the letter and location of the "WaA"
    Thank you. You can contact me directly at my email address

Attachments

• Imageb1.JPG
      Imageb1.JPG
      34.8 KB · Views: 294

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen