• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Saw this at the Hunt Valley Wal-Mart last night. Did they violate a rule? Is this all the stores?

Attachments

• walmart1.jpg
      walmart1.jpg
      30.8 KB · Views: 404

Feb 3, 2012
    MOCO
    Interesting. They may just be having technical difficulties with the software they use to access the DNR site or something like that though.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    the state changed computer systems this year. They no longer provide a pc to issue licenses. You now have to have internet conection and your own pc and printer to
    do licenses.

lots of people are still catching up to the changes

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Makes me wonder if they are trying to get more people to buy the licenses online??

Thanks for the info.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Yea, I went into my local Wal-Mart the other day to pick up some ammo, and the guy told me they stopped as of that day because "DNR upgraded computers, and took ours".

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Yea, I went into my local Wal-Mart the other day to pick up some ammo, and the guy told me they stopped as of that day because "DNR upgraded computers, and took ours".

yes they did, and now walmart has to put a pc back there with a internet conection and a printer if they still want to sell licenses

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Have you seen the lines at customer service lately? I would much rather stand at the sporting goods counter for 5 minutes to get a license.

Doesn't Dick's sell licenses? You also have online sales.

Back when I was in NY, most gun shops sold the licenses.

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    We switched to the new system about three weeks ago. It requires more information then before ( Social Security Number). It seems to be working O.K. I have had a couple of people who had to contact D.N.R. due to the system not accepting the
    info. provided.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    We switched to the new system about three weeks ago. It requires more information then before ( Social Security Number). It seems to be working O.K. I have had a couple of people who had to contact D.N.R. due to the system not accepting the
    info. provided.

The need of a Social Sec # to aquire a hunting/fishing license now??? :sad20::mad54:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The need of a Social Sec # to aquire a hunting/fishing license now??? :sad20::mad54:

I was thinking that myself. Didn't the old system use the ID number off the drivers license?

ATF doesn't require a Social Security # to fill out a 4473 but MD requires one for a fishing license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom