Wonder why no cases made it to scotus during the 94 AWB

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Hope its sooner rather than later.

Wonder why no cases made it to scotus during the 94 AWB

Two reasons: 1) the right to bear arms wasn't defined as an individual right (Heller) and 2) the Second Amendment wasn't made applicable to the states (McDonald).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My biggest concern is something happening to one of "The Five". Then we will have an Obama appointee to contend with.....

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Don't forget that the game in the senate is on. Our job is to make gun rights as radioactive on the bench as roe v wade..
    It can be done but its needs money..

Also we send message to senate other than passing awb putting anti 2a on bench is also career ending..
    I assume that is in play now.. this NRA home court..

And its not just 2a. No living constitution; our laws are enough of a poltergeist as it is.

We rule 5 without mercy the living constitution idea.

We have to win.
    Its far more than 2a now....

There is no other acceptable alternative.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Speaking at the Federalist Society, Scalia mentioned that the office of President was not as important as people thought. He seemed to see it as more of a figurehead, symbolic kind of thing. (Maybe he was contrasting it, in his own mind, with a lifetime SCT appointment. But I don't know).

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    How many lives will be destroyed and how much money will be made before these cases reach scotus?

Rhetorical!

There is a point to made here though. Too many citizens suffer when an unconstitutional law is allowed to stand while awaiting an undetermined time table for rectification by the courts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Speaking at the Federalist Society, Scalia mentioned that the office of President was not as important as people thought. He seemed to see it as more of a figurehead, symbolic kind of thing. (Maybe he was contrasting it, in his own mind, with a lifetime SCT appointment. But I don't know).

There are supposed to be 3 co-equal branches of government. In recent times we put a lot of emphasis on the President. It wasn't meant to be that way. I bet most people can't name a single Supreme Court Justice.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013

It's a fair point Constitutionally, but the last few presidents we've had have all been fairly power-grabbing, and have been passing legislation by executive order, etc.

The Supreme Court Justices, as a whole, are the far more 'powerful' unit, as they are effectively the highest office they can be appointed to (no upward mobility), and are not necessarily beholden to anyone's interests, but that power is generally balanced by there being 9 of them, so no single Justice can just get their way.

Also, the work of SCOTUS is reactive, while the work of the president is proactive. Congress and the president make the laws, while SCOTUS makes sure that said laws are Constitutionally valid. That said, it takes a lawsuit making it up to SCOTUS for them to be able to do anything about it.

It truly is a marvelous system we have, when it works.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    +1,000

Don't forget that the game in the senate is on. Our job is to make gun rights as radioactive on the bench as roe v wade..
    It can be done but its needs money..

Also we send message to senate other than passing awb putting anti 2a on bench is also career ending..
    I assume that is in play now.. this NRA home court..

And its not just 2a. No living constitution; our laws are enough of a poltergeist as it is.

We rule 5 without mercy the living constitution idea.

We have to win.
    Its far more than 2a now....

There is no other acceptable alternative.

2A is the last vestige of hope left in the Bill of Rights. If that fails, all else will
    fall to tyranny.

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    There are supposed to be 3 co-equal branches of government. In recent times we put a lot of emphasis on the President. It wasn't meant to be that way. I bet most people can't name a single Supreme Court Justice.

As soon as I saw this I said something to my wife about Scalia... and she said "Who?"

I teach social studies and she teaches math, so I said, "That's like you saying there are 9 geese flying by and me saying what's this 9 your talking about... I've never heard of that number."

Anybody have room on their couch?

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    One can only hope Roberts' obvious sell out on Obamacare earned him some goodwill with the left wing fanatics on the court. His opinion on Obamacare is incoherent; he bent himself into a pretzel to avoid striking down the mandate (and thus the law).

Quid pro quo.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    One can only hope Roberts' obvious sell out on Obamacare earned him some goodwill with the left wing fanatics on the court. His opinion on Obamacare is incoherent; he bent himself into a pretzel to avoid striking down the mandate (and thus the law).

Quid pro quo.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You get no reach around when compromising with libs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom