• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    NRA has been compromising on stuff for years. They only recently went the ‘No compromise” route but will most likely go back to selling us out soon enough.

If you want a no compromise gun lobby group send your money to Gun Owners of America.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Is there a vote for this? Who votes and how?

His Facebook page is getting slammed.

NRA has been compromising on stuff for years. They only recently went the ‘No compromise” route but will most likely go back to selling us out soon enough.

If you want a no compromise gun lobby group send your money to Gun Owners of America.

Maybe it's time to voice your opinion to the NRA ...

I am a member of ALL of the gun rights groups so I can have a voice ... albeit a small one. Each one has their charter, and the NRA being the 'big dog' carries more weight than GOA. Don't get me wrong, Larry Pratt is a stand-up guy whom I have had the pleasure of meeting on a couple of occations and the organization is solid, but like the old saying ... "Money talks".

In these perilous times for 2A, we can't afford to be splintered.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Wow what a "poll" sitter he is trying to get a feel for where people are and align himself in such away that he will be given the benefit of the doubt. He is asking for support with no platform except, "Wait til 2015", or "I will tell you more once I look over the package."

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Wow what a "poll" sitter he is trying to get a feel for where people are and align himself in such away that he will be given the benefit of the doubt. He is asking for support with no platform except, "Wait til 2015", or "I will tell you more once I look over the package."

Ah yes, the Nanny Pelosi response ...

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Vote for this guy:

http://gunforhire.com/colandro-for-nra/

Anthony is well known in 2A circles up here. He also owns a 5 star range and runs training classes. He's hosting Massad Ayoob early next year. He wants to change things especially in states where our rights are infringed.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA

The minute they get something accomplished like repealing the 86 ban I'll be glad to join. I've not seen them get a single major law passed, court victory won, or MAJOR anti gun politician permanently evicted from power. I'll waste neither my money nor passion on noise.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County

Or JFPO - they make the NRA look liberal.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    http://sofrep.com/30242/nra-a-navy-...edium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+sofrep+(SOFREP)

• The 2nd Amendment is inherent in America’s cultural DNA
    • Limiting magazine capacity is ridiculous and impractical
    • I believe everyone who owns a gun should attend a firearms safety qualifications course, and this should be standardized across the country. Too many people I’ve seen on the range are unsafe.
    • Yes, owning a gun is a right; driving is similar to this but you have to have pass a drivers test to prove competency *this point was clarified from my earlier post.
    • The NRA should be like PADI or NAUI and encourage gun ranges to only accept NRA basic qualified shooters on the range.
    • Few people outside of America understand how important firearms ownership is to Americans
    • Background checks are a good idea but should take minutes, not days
    • Often gun laws are made by people who don’t use, own, or understand firearms
    • Mass shootings have to be dealt with head-on or America will face more gun restrictions and erosion of 2nd Amendment rights
    • NRA training needs to be brought up to date.
    • Legislation on increasing the prevention of mentally ill folks from gaining access to firearms seems logical
    • Increasing early warning signs
    • Dogs/handlers at schools and colleges are better than armed guards, in my opinion
    • Guns aren’t the problem, mental illness is the problem. It’s like punishing responsible automobile owners (which kill more people annually) because of drunk drivers killing innocent people on the road
    • I like high cap magazines
    • I believe we should be able to concealed-carry and open-carry where practical (e.g., not on an elementary school campus or an airplane)
    • Guns are guns and people should be able to own and obtain a permit to own everything, short of WMD, if they’re properly trained/certified
    • The NRA should take a strong leadership position when it comes to legislation affecting ownership pro and con, not just a “supporter” of legislation. The perception from the left is that the NRA is an uncompromising organization
    • I think the current NRA Executive VP Wayne LaPierre, a career lobbyist, is unfit to lead the NRA into the 21st Century. I wouldn’t let him lead my kids camping trip, let alone the NRA. This may make some angry, but I would be dishonest if I didn’t make my opinion on LaPeirre perfectly clear, see you in 2015 Wayne
    • If elected to the board I would be one of 76, but I would do my best to make sure we hold the elected leaders accountable, and work on ways to promote and engage the responsible youth in this country. They are the future, and there’s a decline in youth participation in firearms sports.
    • I believe the 2nd Amendment is a right we should keep and hold dear

Whats ya'lls take? Doesn't seem so bad to me...

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    [*] I believe everyone who owns a gun should attend a firearms safety qualifications course, and this should be standardized across the country. Too many people I’ve seen on the range are unsafe.

[*] Yes, owning a gun is a right; driving is similar to this but you have to have pass a drivers test to prove competency *this point was clarified from my earlier post.

[*] The NRA should be like PADI or NAUI and encourage gun ranges to only accept NRA basic qualified shooters on the range.

[*] Legislation on increasing the prevention of mentally ill folks from gaining access to firearms seems logical

[*] Dogs/handlers at schools and colleges are better than armed guards, in my opinion

[*] Guns are guns and people should be able to own and obtain a permit to own everything, short of WMD, if they’re properly trained/certified

[*] The NRA should take a strong leadership position when it comes to legislation affecting ownership pro and con, not just a “supporter” of legislation. The perception from the left is that the NRA is an uncompromising organization

[*] I think the current NRA Executive VP Wayne LaPierre, a career lobbyist, is unfit to lead the NRA into the 21st Century. I wouldn’t let him lead my kids camping trip, let alone the NRA. This may make some angry, but I would be dishonest if I didn’t make my opinion on LaPeirre perfectly clear, see you in 2015 Wayne........
    [/LIST]

Whats ya'lls take? Doesn't seem so bad to me...

Let me get this straight...he wants mandatory training for all gun owners, he wants mandatory tests and gun permits to own guns, he wants to ban anyone without a training certificate from shooting at gun ranges, he hates Wayne LaPierre, he wants the NRA to compromise on our right, and he wants more gun control laws.....
    Screw this idiot!:tdown::tdown::tdown:
    Mr Webb definitely belongs in the Brady Campaign, not the NRA!
    Or maybe he can go work for Bloomturd and Mayors Against Guns.:tdown::tdown::tdown:

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Let me get this straight...he wants mandatory training for all gun owners, he wants mandatory gun permits to own guns, he wants to ban anyone without a training certificate from shooting at gun ranges, he hates Wayne LaPierre, he wants the NRA to compromise on our rights, and he wants more gun control laws.....
    Screw this idiot!:tdown::tdown::tdown:
    He belongs in the Brady Campaign not the NRA.

Seeing some idiots and newbies out there with their guns, I'm not opposed to the idea that every gun owner know how to properly handle a gun and know range etiquette.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Seeing some idiots and newbies out there with their guns, I'm not opposed to the idea that every gun owner know how to properly handle a gun and know range etiquette.
    Let the range require it if they desire. But anyone who endorses making any laws requiring training with respect to gun ownership won't ever get my support.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD

I've seen my fair share of idiots and newbies at the range, but thinking you can legislate responsibility on everyone is like thinking you can legislate morality. And why should I spend my money and waste my time going to a basic shooting class when I've been shooting guns since I was a child?
    Some people just plain lack common sense and no law or rules are going to fix that.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Let the range require it if they desire. But anyone who endorses making any laws requiring training with respect to gun ownership won't ever get my support.

Eh, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. I don't like the idea of it being a requirement to own a gun either, but I also don't want my neighbor having nobody around to teach him about guns before he bought one and then sending a stray bullet into my house or a neighborhood kid because he didn't handle it properly.

It'd be great if we could just make gun handling/marksmanship a mandatory course in schools or something.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN

Before I bought my first handgun I went out and got some training not because I had to but because I wanted to be safe. I think most newbies will seek out some training assuming it isn't to expensive.

From my experience at the range the people who are the most dangerous are the people who have been shooting for 10+ years. They have been doing it long enough it no longer think about what they are doing and tend to forget they can kill and start being lax and no 4 or even 16 hour required training course will fix that.

Thanks
    Robert

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Just my :thumbsup::thumbsup: on a point which echoes my biggest current beef with the NRA....

I think the current NRA Executive VP Wayne LaPierre, a career lobbyist, is unfit to lead the NRA into the 21st Century. I wouldn’t let him lead my kids camping trip, let alone the NRA. This may make some angry, but I would be dishonest if I didn’t make my opinion on LaPeirre perfectly clear, see you in 2015 Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom