• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is a tough one. It is like trying to get people to overcome a fear of snakes. My brother is a big burly guy who is strong as an ox. He is terrified of the corn snake we have as a pet. Even when my 8 year old daughter is holding it, he runs from the room. Same thing with a lot of people and guns.

Swoop

Say hello to my little...
    Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    Loved the way he shot holes in her excuses. Took me Three years to get the wife to understand why guns are safe when handled properly. She even went shooting and hunting with me. She used the kids will shoot themselves line. Simple gun locks, safes, and educating our kids about gun safety.

CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    Loved the way he shot holes in her excuses. Took me Three years to get the wife to understand why guns are safe when handled properly. She even went shooting and hunting with me. She used the kids will shoot themselves line. Simple gun locks, safes, and educating our kids about gun safety.

My 11 yr old daughter field strips/cleans my guns. I think the trick is to demystify them. I keep them in a safe while I'm gone just to be sure, but I'm hoping that by letting her shoot/disassemble them while I'm around it removes the interest while I'm gone. Kids want whatever they can't have.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    Loved the video the problem is I see some people I know thinking that that video makes good points to not own guns......cuz their too dumb to understand sarcasm.

Also, I'm glad Stephen Hawking is still getting work ;)

John

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    rob-me-I-wont-defend-myself-46839686831.jpg

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Feel free to offer this to any of your legislators.

Take any white liberal like Harry Reid, nancy pelosi and the versions you have in Maryland. Have them live in the worst section of town that votes like 99% for liberals and offer to let them stay there for one week with no bodybuards of guns.

They will come running out of the neighborhood in less than an hour screaming "I did not think I would have to live with them. I just wanted their votes!!!!!!!"

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    "Sometimes you have to die for something you believe in."
    "But I don't believe in banning guns."
    "Sometimes you have to die for something I believe in."

The line that every politician knows is true, but will never say.

Chrscott22

Apr 6, 2012
    How can we better educate and inform while avoiding political entanglements?

A gun owner and a liberal discuss 'gun control', the mentality to overcome.

If you want to avoid political entanglements you could start by not constantly using buzzwords like "liberals" and "democrats" everytime you speak of gun control. Every other post seems to be "the democrats" or "the liberals". The lady in the video sounds like my conservative in law yet you've somehow labeled her a liberal.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    If you want to avoid political entanglements you could start by not constantly using buzzwords like "liberals" and "democrats" everytime you speak of gun control. Every other post seems to be "the democrats" or "the liberals". The lady in the video sounds like my conservative in law yet you've somehow labeled her a liberal.

I have taken to calling them Domestic Enemies of the Constitution because that is what they truely are.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

There are liberal Republicans, and there are conservative Democrats, and yes I know several liberal gun owners, many are (R) and some are (D). Welcome to the forum!

Check this out: http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/cons...beral-beliefs/

LIBERALS – believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need.Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

CONSERVATIVES – believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

Regarding Gun Control :

Liberal mentality- The Second Amendment does not give citizens the right to keep and bear arms, but only allows for the state to keep a militia (National Guard). Individuals do not need guns for protection; it is the role of local and federal government to protect the people through law enforcement agencies and the military.Additional gun control laws are necessary to stop gun violence and limit the ability of criminals to obtain guns.More guns mean more violence.

Conservative mentality- The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to keep and bear arms. Individuals have the right to defend themselves.There are too many gun control laws–additional laws will not lower gun crime rates. What is needed is enforcement of current laws. Gun control laws do not prevent criminals from obtaining guns.More guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens mean less crime.

Swoop

Say hello to my little...
    Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    My 11 yr old daughter field strips/cleans my guns. I think the trick is to demystify them. I keep them in a safe while I'm gone just to be sure, but I'm hoping that by letting her shoot/disassemble them while I'm around it removes the interest while I'm gone. Kids want whatever they can't have.

Yeah, that is my plan as well don't make it taboo. My kids are 3 and under so still a little ways off.

Chrscott22

Apr 6, 2012
    There are liberal Republicans, and there are conservative Democrats, and yes I know several liberal gun owners, many are (R) and some are (D). Welcome to the forum!

Check this out: http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/cons...beral-beliefs/

LIBERALS – believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need.Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

CONSERVATIVES – believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

Regarding Gun Control :

Liberal mentality- The Second Amendment does not give citizens the right to keep and bear arms, but only allows for the state to keep a militia (National Guard). Individuals do not need guns for protection; it is the role of local and federal government to protect the people through law enforcement agencies and the military.Additional gun control laws are necessary to stop gun violence and limit the ability of criminals to obtain guns.More guns mean more violence.

Conservative mentality- The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to keep and bear arms. Individuals have the right to defend themselves.There are too many gun control laws–additional laws will not lower gun crime rates. What is needed is enforcement of current laws. Gun control laws do not prevent criminals from obtaining guns.More guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens mean less crime.

I appreciate the info but that's still labeling people. My point is if you don't want to make a situation a political mess you shouldn't be the one to turn it political. You can educate people without bringing up political labels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom