• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Ivanhoewarehouse in MA had 4 of these last Thurday- although these pistols have been on their web for awhile, they were marked down substantianly end of last week- since they weren't selling. I wasn't sure if I wanted another Walther (P990) as I had previously owned P99QA before and was happy w/ it but felt it was too pretty for my use. I did more research on P990 and seemed the only gripe was the long trigger and of course the unknown trade-in condition. So, after several e-mails back and forth w/ Ivanhoe which they mentioned that I could ship them back if not happy w/ in 7 days, of course shipping was only $15 for two, and no CC fee, I decided to jump on it-two actually since they only had two left.

Anyway, just picked these up yesterday at my FFL. I am very impressed w/ these pistols- eventhough they are the police trade-ins. I was actually nervous that they would be kinda beat up, since they were rated as "good" condition, instead of VG or excellent. One of the pistols has very little (holster) wear on the top about 2mm, another one has a little more wear on the edges- there's also some scratch marks on the right side of frame which appears to be from seat belt buckle. Looking at the barrels, both definitely have been shot very little. My long gone QA had more wear than these w/ 600 rds through. I would rate the good one as excellent plus( w/ the slide maked Smith & Wesson Springfield MA ),and the other as VG (w/ Carl Walther USA LLC marking)- if not because of the scratch marks. Both have Germany proof marks "N" on slides and barrels.

The trigger pull is not bad at all- long but nothing heavy like my Ruger GP141 and Super Redhawk- if someone is used to Glock or 1911 trigger then it will be different. I can certain live w/ DAO action. .40 caliber is fine for me and it was very easy to shoot accurately w/ my QA- easier than the Glock 24/35. Plus, I still have over 1000 rds of 40 left - got several cases 10 years ago when Century International Arms had a sale on Russian ammo at 10 cents per round plus free shipping over $500.

So, how much did I pay for these pistols? $119.95 each plus $15 for shipping (2 pistols), and $35 for FFL transfer. Less than $150 each w/ two 10 rds mags. Very happy w/ the purchase, even if they were in "good" condition, they would still make good boat/trunk/trail guns.

Attachments

• P990a (2).JPG
      P990a (2).JPG
      66.7 KB · Views: 296
    • p990 (3).JPG
      p990 (3).JPG
      78.2 KB · Views: 300
    • p990 (2).JPG
      p990 (2).JPG
      73.9 KB · Views: 275
    • p990 (5).JPG
      p990 (5).JPG
      83.4 KB · Views: 275
    • P990a (3).JPG
      P990a (3).JPG
      42.6 KB · Views: 259

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    WTF $119 Walther??!?!!?! of course i missed it. DAMNIT!!!

great buy. i love Walthers and the P99. what is the P990 just like a police designation?

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    P990 is the Double Action Only- light, but long trigger pull like revolver. QA is Quick Action- short trigger like Glock. Some Police units in Germany and England issued P990.

The funny thing was I actually went there to look for SR9c mag, saw the price on P990 marked down to $119 and still wasn't sure if I wanted it, had to do more research and thought about it overnight. I did come here to MD shooters for info on P990 from Bud's in the 2010. Later, found out that someone already bought two in the morning, so I acted fast. At worse, I would ship them back and get full refund, if they weren't anything like pictures, or use them as beat up guns. These two actually look better than the picture they had up. Wasn't sure if I would pay $300 for one, but $290 for two in condition as described- Yes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom