• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Southern Ohio Guns did it again. I ordered a Yugo SKS and wondered why hand pick was not an option. When the gun arrived it was apparent. The gun looks brand new in every respect. It was LOADED with cosmoline and 10/10 perfect. This is a MUST buy (or two ;)) IMHO. It has the grenade launcher, bayonet, and flip up night sights! It also comes with the brass oil bottle, cleaning kit, sling, and leather double pouch. The night sights do not work as well as modern ones, but for the age it is uber cool. :party29:

IMG_5552.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg
    P_utZW.gif

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    That looks GORGEOUS!!
    I really need to get around to sending my C&R to SOG one of these days :sad20:

I was thinking of having part of my paycheck direct deposited in my SOG account.:o

I have the addiction C&R bad.:sad20:

Without a doubt, this is the most perfect condition firearm I own.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    I saw an interesting attachment for the grenade launcher that will shoot golf balls with blank cartridges. You should invest in one. :D

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Looks nice. I have the same Yugo SKS. Beefy rifle isn't it? I actually liked my Yugo better than my Russian Tula, which I was forced to sell. I really, really want another Yugo SKS, but the money isn't flowing in like it used to. I read online somewhere the Yugos were imported in less numbers than the Russian or Chinese ones, they are just being released more recently, so if you want one, get it now while the getting is good.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    IIRC there were small imports in the 90's of Yugos that went for over $1K per rifle as they were thought to be extremely rare. When the supply floodgate opened in the early 2000's, the prices bottomed out.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I just tried to find one on SOG but I guess people can't view guns without registering to a C&R or FFL? Wanted to see how competetive their prices were in case I decided to get another in the future.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    That's a beautiful yugo right there.
    I may have figured out a quick and easy way to tell whether an SKS has been fired a lot.
    Each time the sks is fired the bolt hits the reciever (right by the chamber). I think the part of the reciever/chamber where the front of the bolt hits gets smashed in after being fired a lot.
    Unused sks rifles will not have any signs of impact and heavily used ones will have a smashed down appearance from where the front of the bolt hits it repeatedly.
    Am I right?
    I have a heavily used sks and an unused sks and after comparing them I noticed this.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I just tried to find one on SOG but I guess people can't view guns without registering to a C&R or FFL? Wanted to see how competetive their prices were in case I decided to get another in the future.

You cannot view SOG without a C&R or 01ffl. Mine was $338.87. They are less expensive if you buy more than one. Atlantic Guns had 2 that were well used on the shelf for +$400 IIRC. So yes, I feel it was a good deal.

Sirex