• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gerres26

Jun 21, 2010
    Ceciltucky
    So my father-in-law and I finally decided to go through the HQL process yesterday. We went and got our fingerprints taken then proceeded with the online application for the HQL itself.

I went through the whole process online without a problem and just waiting for the DHMH section to give me the okay and I'll be good to go. Now he went through the same steps as me except when he gets to the end to make the payment it won't go through. It just kind of erases everything for him to put his credit card info in again.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so please help me out as the licensing department got me nowhere when I called. Thanks.

Hambone

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I saw people had a problem with this before that were using firefox. If that is what he is using, use Internet explorer. I used a Mac and that worked fine as well.

gerres26

Jun 21, 2010
    Ceciltucky
    Yea he tried a different card. He called the licensing dept. again and they said it must be an IT problem and that she would put it through herself on Monday because they were about to close today which was at 2:30. So Monday will obviously be past the 72 hours for the fingerprinting. Does that mean he will have to pay to have it done again? If so that is just ridiculous, its bad enough we have to go through this crap in the first place and to pay again wouldn't be cool.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I was told that the fingerprints for the HQL are good for 30 days.
    They didn't even look at mine for a little better than a week.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    Does he have a CCW? Or is he exempt in any way? I had the same problem, but because I have a Md CCW I do not have to pay for the HQL.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Which version of IE?

IIRC, it doesn't work with the latest IE. !0 or 11, whatever is the latest.

gerres26

Jun 21, 2010
    Ceciltucky
    Its not a problem with IE because he allowed the woman in licensing dept. to try and put his info through on her own and it still didn't work. So she said she would get their IT team on it first thing Monday so we shall see.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    I was told that the fingerprints for the HQL are good for 30 days. They didn't even look at mine for a little better than a week.

This information is incorrect.

MSP is requesting a Criminal process print, these only have a lifespan of 72 hours.

Getting the receipt number into the system is what matters.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    Yea he tried a different card. He called the licensing dept. again and they said it must be an IT problem and that she would put it through herself on Monday because they were about to close today which was at 2:30. So Monday will obviously be past the 72 hours for the fingerprinting. Does that mean he will have to pay to have it done again? If so that is just ridiculous, its bad enough we have to go through this crap in the first place and to pay again wouldn't be cool.

He should be fine so long as the receipt number was in the online account within 72 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom