• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    You have to be either a member of the evil party or the stupid party to vote in the primaries in Maryland. They also give you a different ballot depending on whether you declare your evil or stupid affiliation.
    that way they know which ones to count.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Wife and I went tonight, and no issues.

I didn't get a picture, but the place was obnoxiously strewn with all sorts of signs. It was hard to find grass!

Handed the lady my DL first... she started entering my info, then asked for the VID. Confirmed my info, sent me in. Not even a hint of an issue, or a question of party.

Got to the machine, did my thing. Felt good to leave so many spots blank, for some reason (though I did include Franchot since I believe he's doing the right thing).

As I turned in my card, 3 of the judges commented on--and gave a thumbs-up to--my NRA "Coexist" shirt.

Wife finished after me, and off we went, fingers crossed that this thing will work!!

(Honestly, I was really hoping I would get to say, "Democrat... until next week.")

Last edited:

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Voted yesterday. Only one other voter in this huge gym. Last cycle (2012) the line to early vote wound all around the gym and out the door.

My wife said she understood why I went DINO, but made me sleep in the guest room anyway- she said it "just doesn't feel right".

Now, if there is as much voter apathy as seem to be indicated by the early voting turnout (unless Annapolis is an exception), a strong DINO turnout can really have an effect. If you haven't changed registration to DEM, even though the deadline is passed, I was told you can tell the election judge the you have changed to democrat, and get a provisional democrat primary ballot

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I got a small quiz on my VID card. Name, address, party affiliation, DOB. I was surprised that they went that far.

I honestly don't understand the great aversion to being a DINO. Think of it as you are doing what you can to help make Maryland a better place.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Voted yesterday. Only one other voter in this huge gym. Last cycle (2012) the line to early vote wound all around the gym and out the door.

My wife said she understood why I went DINO, but made me sleep in the guest room anyway- she said it "just doesn't feel right".

Now, if there is as much voter apathy as seem to be indicated by the early voting turnout (unless Annapolis is an exception), a strong DINO turnout can really have an effect. If you haven't changed registration to DEM, even though the deadline is passed, I was told you can tell the election judge the you have changed to democrat, and get a provisional democrat primary ballot

You should have had HER sleep in the guest room!

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

That was the result of a earlier misunderstanding of the provisional ballot regs. If you missed the June 3 deadline, you cannot change party affiliation for the primary.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Did my thing, but couldn't convince my bride to follow suit. Heck, she's even threatening not to vote in the general "because they're all a bunch of crooks."

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Did my thing, but couldn't convince my bride to follow suit. Heck, she's even threatening not to vote in the general "because they're all a bunch of crooks."

Tell her in that case to vote out all incumbents and career pols.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Tell her to write in "None of the Above" in the General Election if she doesn't like any of the candidates. There should be a space for a write-in for each office on the ballot.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Allen West's top 10 reasons to vote DemocRAT

Top 10 Reasons to Vote Democrat in 2014

Along with West's #6, I'll add #11 ...

6. I’ll vote Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

11. I’ll vote DemocRAT because I registered as a DINO to totally screw with their primary, then totally screw with them again when I vote against a weak DemocRAT candidate in the general election.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It looks as though AG dem primary race will be tight to the very end - and you need to vote for Cardin and talk with every dem voter you know.

Vote Cardin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom