Anne Arundel First Alert - Accidental Shooting at 2600 Block of Annapolis Road (Cindy's?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Right, but I think the original question was if suicide at a gun range happens often.
    More than once per decade is too many.

It happens too often for anyone - too often for the witnesses, the employees, the owners, the first responders.

I've known of more than a dozen- so it's not uncommon. We should all be considered fortunate that suicide isn't more common.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

Help is available​

Speak with someone today

988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline

Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.

Connect with people you trust​

From International Association for Suicide Prevention · Learn more
    If you’re struggling, it’s okay to share your feelings. To start, you could copy one of these pre-written messages and send it to a trusted contact.

"When you get a chance can you contact me? I feel really alone and suicidal, and could use some support."

"I don’t want to die, but I don't know how to live. Talking with you may help me feel safe. Are you free to talk?"

"This is really hard for me to say but I’m having painful thoughts and it might help to talk. Are you free?"

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What a total D|CK to affect other people when you decide to kill yourself.
    Nothing would stop him from offing himself in a more humane manor for not just himself but others.
    I am not a member of Cindys but a previous member of On Target.
    I recall at least 3 incidents like this including 2 that happened and closed the range when I wanted to shoot at lunch time.
    They instituted a no renting by yourself policy and it extended to members too. One day (while a member) I did not have a gun in the car and wanted to rent a GP100 they had. NOPE, can't while by myself.
    Did Cindy's change the solo shooter/renter policy or did this guy bring his own? If he brought his own, then double D!CK on him.

To all those who suffer from conditions that may lead to wanting to do this sort of thing, I hope they can get help and think about how it would affect others and their family.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    What a total D|CK to affect other people when you decide to kill yourself.
    I think the same thing when someone jumps off the Bay Bridge or commits suicide by Cop. But, on the other hand, they're not thinking clear when they commit any kind of suicide save perhaps in pain during terminal illness.

Last edited:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You sort of have to wonder when some sick person is going to decide to take out a few other shooters before he points the gun at themselves or someone else on the range takes him/her/they, down. My guess is a suicidal killer, could shoot 10 people before anyone realizes they are being shot at.

Sadly, it will happen someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    You sort of have to wonder when some sick person is going to decide to take out a few other shooters before he points the gun at themselves or someone else on the range takes him/her/they, down. My guess is a suicidal killer, could shoot 10 people before anyone realizes they are being shot at.

Sadly, it will happen someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It does happen. There are many murder/suicides in estranged family situations, among others, or cowards who shoot others in order to induce responding officer to take them out because they cannot do themselves.

bmorestance

Dec 2, 2013
    Friend just texted me. He was there when it happened.
    Damn man thats crazy. Did the everyone pack up their stuff nonchalantly or did everyone leave asap and leave their stuff? I feel like this guy did not want his family to clean up his mess, so he did it in front of everyone so others clean him up instead of his family doing it. Just a thought.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    * Warning - Harsh & Tasteless Advice *

Everyone reading this , that hasn't already told me about terminal , painful, incurable terminal illnesses , Don't Kill Yourself.

If you're going to ignore that , and waste yourself anyway , have consideration for the Public generally , and your family and friends in particular.

Single vehicle accident into bridge abutment , large tree , or terrain feature is reasonably certain. If you take a slight bit of care in doing so , it will be sufficiently ambiguous to probably be considered a " normal " vehicle accident due to excess speed , lose control , nod off , etc .

Your family and friends will still grieve , but without the extra layers of torment of questioning themselves. And make it easier for your family to collect the Insurance on you, if applicable .

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Not my place to judge anyone especially with the way things are in the world, today. Could have been a bad guy, or could have been a victim of a false accusations.

Whether his motivation was guilt, depression, or terminal illness, he will be remembered first as having done the dirty deed, before anything good he may have accomplished in his life.

Sorry for his family and those that witnessed the event. Not something easily forgotten.

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    Maybe the person who committed suicide didn't see the suicide prevention pamphlets on the counter that is required by the county. I'm sure the outcome would have been quite different.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Damn man thats crazy. Did the everyone pack up their stuff nonchalantly or did everyone leave asap and leave their stuff? I feel like this guy did not want his family to clean up his mess, so he did it in front of everyone so others clean him up instead of his family doing it. Just a thought.
    I think panic at first. He said the police kept them all there for a few hours after the event before they could leave.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I hope the investigators accomodated the staff and witnesses during the time they were kept there. Back in 1991 a woman was struck by a 60 MPH passenger train. The police had the engineer of that train repeatedly back up and pass the spot she was struck for photos, time and distance measurements, etc. For the engineer of the striking train, that was a horrid thing for authorities to do.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Trivia - What profession routinely kills the most people during the course of their career? ( Excluding medical mistakes in this context .)

Locomotive Engineers .
    I'll have to look up the original source , but I've seen it quoted as in the neighborhood of seven .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom